Sous Chef - Waters Cafe - Agua Caliente Casinos
Sous Chef - Waters Cafe
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Oct 22, 2020
Dec 27, 2020
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Oversees the operation of all kitchen areas, including but not limited to, receiving, supplies, recipes, and actual quality preparation of all food items. Assists the Executive Chef and F&B Director in all food outlets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a budgeted food cost and labor cost.
- Assists with the development of all menus and creates food ideas.
- Maintains a superior food quality.
- Maintains proper storage and rotation of all food items.
- Follows up on guest complaints.
- Gives direction and develops kitchen supervisors.
- Assures that all kitchen Team Members follow the proper dress code.
- Oversees the training of all kitchen team members.
- Maintains proper sanitation levels throughout department.
- Checks all food outlets to assure food is properly prepared and held at the proper temperature for serving.
- Oversees the food deliveries through kitchen receiving.
- Participates in taste testing on all new products with the Executive Chef and F&B Director.
- Responsible for food for all special parties held off premises.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety procedures to insure Team Member safety.
- Oversees the hiring of all food production employees.
- May be required to assist with elated duties at other affiliate properties at management discretion.
- Management for site visits determines travel modes and accommodations.
- Kitchen Team Members
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum 5 years experience in all phases of kitchen positions including but not limited to purchasing, training, menu and dietary planning and administration.
- Must be able to obtain a Riverside County Health Department card within one week of employment
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must me able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.