Assistant Restaurant Manager, JOY - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Assistant Restaurant Manager, JOY
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Apr 22, 2021
Jan 08, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Assistant Restaurant Manager for Joy will assist in leading a group of employees in a manner which ensures delivery of World Class customer service, award winning food & beverage product, and an entertaining environment that blends together to create a seamless dining experience resulting in increased customer loyalty, real cover growth and improved operating margins. The Assistant Restaurant Manager must work well with the team to ensure adherence to all company established policies, procedures, standards, safety and sanitation issues and compliance with gaming regulations. The Assistant Restaurant Manager should lead by example and create an environment where all guests and employees feel comfortable, welcome and special.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Show strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with all facets of running the restaurant operation and completes all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned within set timelines.
- Work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Directs and organizes the activities of the team to maintain high standards of food, beverage and service.
- Assists in interviewing, hire, train, recommends evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation while maximizing service levels and achieving a profitable result.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage, and equipment and labor costs.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the employees in the department.
- Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associates at all levels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Attend all meetings and training as required or scheduled.
- Pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties as needed and be a team player.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel and casino.
- Work “on the floor” during appropriate restaurant hours to observe how employees are treating our customers and to ensure quality service. Take corrective action as needed.
- Communicate with management, peers and subordinates in a professional, positive and consistent manner.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings, daily shift meetings, and ensures staff attendance at all company scheduled communication meetings and training classes.
- Controls the inventories of food, beverage, and non-food supplies.
- Handles all accidents and resolves customer complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all gaming policies /guidelines approved by FSRC.
- Coaches employees on how to resolve guest issues and de-escalate conflicts.
- Implements new menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions.
- Responds promptly and effectively to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests following established guidelines and policies.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School diploma or GED/equivalent.
- (2-3 years) previous supervisory/managerial experience in Asian Cuisine Restaurant.
- Bilingual in English, Mandarin or Cantonese or Korean or Vietnamese.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of a beverage (bar) operation
- Exceptional detail in follow up.
- Thorough understanding of human resource requirements and regulatory standards.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Wine knowledge preferred.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, morning, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise and bright lights.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.