Table Games Dealer - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
56622 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Table Games Dealer
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Apr 08, 2021
May 17, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
Observe and participate in the operation of assigned table games to ensure integrity is maintained, Oaklawn Jockey Club company policies and procedures are being followed, and superior customer service is provided to ensure excellent guest satisfaction. Perform all assigned duties as a multi-game dealer and knowledge of the Table Games cheque handling. Must ensure accuracy and completion of all signatory paperwork. Maintain frequent and effective contact with guests, greet guests appropriately treating each as an individual and in a professional manner, as well as any other duties assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and interacts with guests in a friendly, professional, and welcoming manner
- Maintains excellent guest service at all times with internal and external guests
- Efficiently and accurately deals blackjack, three card poker, roulette, and other specialty games according to Oaklawn policy and procedure and state regulations
- Monitors guests' play and table action to ensure security of game and assets and notifies supervisor of any irregularities
- Educates players on the proper rules and procedures of the games
- Handles guest transactions including buy-ins, pay-offs, and bets using money and/or cheques; makes exchanges as per policies
- Verifies fills and credits to the game
- Cooperates fully with supervisory direction
- Addresses guest issues, concerns and suggestions, or refers them to management as appropriate. Notifies supervisor when a dispute or argument occurs at the table
- Acts as an ambassador for OJC and delivers excellent guest service at all times
- Responsible for all variances
- Maintains confidentiality
- Ensure adherence to all CGS compliance, Title 31, CTR, SARC, MTL, and anti-Money Laundering requirements
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all guests
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all team members, by setting positive examples at all times
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Regular punctual attendance
- Ability to work required overtime
- Other duties and projects as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to focus and clearly distinguish differences in money and cheques
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and other team members
- Strong basic math skills
- Must have a professional attitude and appearance
- Superior guest service and interpersonal skills
- Must pass audition demonstrating proficiency in blackjack, three card poker, roulette, and specialty games
- Must have the ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to guests and other employees
- Must be able to handle conflict situations calmly with skill and professionalism
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Must have knowledge of assigned games, ability to deal games, and perform basic math
- Must be able to distinguish winning/losing combinations and settle wagers accordingly
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or GED
- 6 months of previous work experience. Gaming, Hospitality or Customer Service industry preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Exceptional manual dexterity, for long durations (8 hours+), with hands, fingers, and wrists, with the ability to feel, handle, and control objects
- Ability to work in a smoking environment with moderate to loud noise levels
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Must maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, and effectively deal with guests and coworkers
- Must be able to spend significant amount of time twisting and turning in a 180-degree angle with both upper extremities extended across table
- Must be able to operate basic equipment (automatic shuffler)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including nights, graveyard, weekends and holidays
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?