Slot Manager - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Nov 30, 2020
Feb 18, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The Slot Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the Slot department, oversees and maintains integrity of Slot floor activity, monitors the performance of Slot staff, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy with internal and external guests that is consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior
- Manage Slot Supervisors and ensure consistency of slot operations throughout floor on all shifts
- Ensure excellent guest service is delivered by all team members
- Ensure compliance with all gaming regulations, internal controls, and standard operating procedures
- Work with Director of Casino Operations and Compliance Department to ensure development and training of slot compliance policy and procedures
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, training, recognition, coaching, terminations, and scheduling of slot team members
- Supervise slot shift supervisors and slot floor team members both directly and through direct reporting
- Document and address all staff opportunities ensuring slot team members are successfully performing their job duties
- Assist in completing performance evaluations for slot team members
- Implement departmental and company policies and procedures regarding the security of monies, parts, equipment and required documentation
- Ensure proper staffing levels in order to provide adequate floor coverage and a high level of customer and machine service with minimum labor hours
- Ensure all slot team members are familiar with and accurately completing all necessary paperwork of departmental records and reports
- Perform payroll duties including submitting timecards/sheets in a timely manner, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date attendance records and personnel files for each slot team member
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort facilities including, but not limited to, special promotions and events in order to provide pertinent information to team members as well as guests
- Communicate regularly with team members to keep them informed of all activities and events
- Punctual attendance required
- Attend all necessary meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly ethical and able to lead by example and act as a positive role model
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong guest service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor with guests and team members
- Ability to adhere to attendance standards
- Ability to use a hand-held radio for communication
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional, and friendly demeanor in all situations
- Ability to provide sound and measurable backup to support any and all recommendations for change
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, direct, and assign work
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to multitask in a pressure filled environment
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with casino management systems and slot machines
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle or feel to handle keys and work with machines
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands, lift up to 30lbs, climb or balance and to stoop or kneel
- Ability to work in a smoking environment with moderate to loud noise levels and varied light levels including flashing lights
- Ability to work a schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand walk for a majority of shift
- Ability to easily traverse the property
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10 + years experience in slot operations
- 5 + years managerial experience in slot floor operations and protocols
- Extensive experience with casino management systems, compliance software, and slot machines
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting and credit check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?