Slot Guest Services Supervisor - Maryland - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Slot Guest Services Supervisor - Maryland
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Nov 02, 2020
Feb 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Slot Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for the successful operation of the shift and assuring that guests have a favorable gaming experience. Ensures Guest Service Representatives are properly scheduled and meeting the needs of guests while following policy, procedures and protocol.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises and leads Guest Services Representatives and team members on assigned shift.
- Ensure the guest experience is flawless on the slot floor and Live! Rewards desk while proactively communicating and coordinating with all department to solve service, technical and operational problems.
- Assists with the set up and execution of contests and promotions, while taking ownership for the success for the marketing event.
- Assists Guest Services team members as needed with the payment of slot machine jackpots and machine malfunctions.
- Responds to guest issues, concerns and complaints in a courteous manner consistent with guest service standards.
- Writes and submits shift and other reports required to document shift activity.
- Ensures cross shift communication is consistent and accurate.
- Complies with all internal controls and procedures related to departmental operations. Ensures compliance with regulatory controls both internal and external including but not limited to state and federal laws and the State Gaming regulations.
- Trains and manages staff in accordance with organizational and approved departmental standards, policies and programs.
- Ability to extend complementary services in accordance with the approved comp matrix.
- Supervises staffing and scheduling levels on the slot floor as well as Live! Rewards to ensure a positive gaming experience for guests to Live! Casino & Hotel.
- Review slot activities and promotional status with Slot Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive office.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience within the slot department or gaming areas of a casino. 1 – 3 years of experience as a Lead.
- A four (4)-year degree in related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.
- Casino is over 300,000 square feet and requires ability and energy to move about it with a true sense of urgency.
- Standing 25%
- Walking 65%
- Sitting 10%
- Keyboarding 25% - includes the use of handheld devices while on the casino floor.
- Use of going up and down 31 stairs multiple times per day and elevators.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft. of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees.
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Circle #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.