Database Manager - Spotlight 29 Casino
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Oct 02, 2020
Jan 30, 2021
Type of Position:
The Database Manager directs and coordinates development and maintenance of database marketing information systems. Maintains integrity of the database to include, but not limited to, customer account maintenance, file maintenance pertaining to database selection criteria and duplicate account maintenance.
Responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of computerized programs for direct mail campaigns. Responsible to maintain data warehouse and be able to produce analytical reports utilizing a variety of reporting tools. Must be able to create and validate queries written against the various databases and produce reports that can be utilized by the operating departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Understand analytical reporting, working knowledge of Showcase Report Writer and some query language on the AS/400 required.
- Analyze pertinent information and present findings with a recommendation for improvement.
- Record and analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Ability to create ad-hoc reporting for the operating departments utilizing various reporting software packages.
- Ability to analyze data and to produce clean files.
- Ability to assist in report writing/modification.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Consult with senior management to develop and manage computer networking systems for marketing information to determine the scope and priorities of projects.
- Designs, implements and monitors customer/player development programs.
- Maintain player tracking systems and data retrieval process to analyze data for direct mail programs.
- Input and analyze player complimentary criteria for tracking system.
- Recommend and develop plans for program development, software purchases, budget and staffing.
- Manage the development, implementation and operation of marketing information into functional systems for the organization.
- Oversee the daily reporting of sensitive documents for audit purposes to accounting.
- Create Pre and Post Formas when required.
- Must be available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Prepare written reports of all audits. Written reports are to be sent to the following: Tribal Chairman, Tribal Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director of Gaming Commission, General Manager, and the Casino Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience (Muse Be Documented)
- High school diploma/G.E.D. required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum five (5) years experience preferred
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button which will submit your Casino Careers resume and place it in our Applicant Tracking Report. You may also email your resume using the Email Employer form. If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.