Employment Manager - FireKeepers Casino Hotel
FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
Oct 01, 2020
Nov 02, 2020
Type of Position:
The Employment Manager manages recruitment, Applicant Tracking Systems and job placement activities of FireKeepers Casino Hotel. Liaison between Human Resources and the organizational business partners for all employment related functions. Helps facilitate changes to the organizational design, job descriptions and compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Manages the organization’s recruiting processes, policies and procedures on recruitment, selection, applicant pools and, job placement in partnership with business partners.
- Leads and trains interviewing best practices and onboarding processes to maximize retention, education and communication.
- Creates recruitment planning, strategies and networking to drive applicant flow.
- Oversees and assists in creating recruitment media such as social, print advertising, radio and all other relevant means to effectively attract applicants.
- Along with HRIS Team, coordinates changes to job descriptions and implements changes from job compendiums.
- Ensures social media platforms are consistently up to date, relevant and is compliant with brand standards.
- Partners with management to assess the internal and external employment environment and plans recruiting initiatives to meet business needs.
- Develops and supports recruitment staff and resources assigned to support the organization’s recruitment plan.
- Promotes development and retention of top talent within the business in accordance with company plans through performance initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable tribal, state, and federal employment related laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Regularly confers with the Human Resources executive leadership to review achievements and to discuss needed changes in goals, objectives and/or department direction resulting from current or projected future status or conditions.
- Work with departments to create or update property job descriptions.
- Works with Human Resources executive leadership to make sure wages are set correctly and that they have correct information to maintain the property Compendium processes and Organizational Charts.
- Develops and participates in special projects and completes other duties as requested or assigned.
- Manages staffing agencies and their day to day activities to ensure coordination of staffing needs and that employment activities are being adhered to.
- Administrator for Applicant Tracking Systems. Works with IT on any upgrades as well as troubleshooting system performance.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the gaming licensing processes with a focus on ensuring the employment team is able to assist applicants as needed.
- Oversees the referral program with an emphasis on ensuring proper promotion, administration and compliance.
- Coordinates and oversees property job fairs as well as representation at local and regional job fairs.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Minimum Required Qualifications
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods. The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with three years of employment or recruitment management experience in a high volume customer service oriented industry.
- Two years of administrator experience with an applicable Applicant Tracking System.
- Attention to detail required, as well as strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly explain and demonstrate concepts and skills to others.
General or Preferred Qualifications
- A Master’s degree with four years experience in a Human Resources employment management position.
- Successful completion of any of the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Track Training programs.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel
11177 E. Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49014
FireKeepers Casino Hotel, a first-class gaming facility, near Battle Creek, Michigan on a 78-acre portion of The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi Tribe’s reservation. The Casino is easily accessible from the adjacent and heavily traveled Interstate 94, near the Interstate 69 interchange. The facility is situated approximately halfway between Detroit and Chicago.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel offers a high-quality gaming experience focused on creating a casual, fun and exciting environment for patrons seeking a Las Vegas-style gaming experience. It is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel is owned and operated by the FireKeepers Development Authority, an instrumentality and political sub-division of The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi.
The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi broke ground on the 203-room hotel tower at the FireKeepers casino in Battle Creek. The hotel will be finished by late 2020. It will have a high limit slot and table game area, VIP lounge and restaurant.
The Casino is approximately 237,000 square-foot facility featuring:
- Approximately 111,700 square-feet of gaming space, including 2,900 Class III slot machines, 70 table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette and baccarat, and 160 seat live poker room
- A high-limit gaming area with a VIP lounge
- A 243 room resort-style hotel complete with indoor pool, exercise facility, full service restaurant, business center and a 2,000 guest concert venue
- Six distinctive and diverse dining options, including a 70-seat signature fine dining restaurant, a 24-hour cafe, a 300-seat buffet, a 110-seat quick service restaurant and a grab-and-go outlet
- "FireKeepers Pit Stop" featuring a car wash, convenience store with various food and beverage items, a well as a place to fill up your gas tank
- Three bar areas, including a sports bar with high-definition flat screen televisions, a 113-seat lounge with cabaret and live entertainment and a bar within our fine dining area
- An approximately 4,600 square-foot multi-function room to be used for special events and bingo
- A Casino gift shop with branded merchandise
- An attached multi-level parking garage that will accommodate approximately 2,000 vehicles, surface parking for an additional 400 vehicles and an area for bus and recreational vehicle parking.
Working and Living in greater Battle Creek (Calhoun County) Michigan
Battle Creek is located in southwestern Michigan, at the union of the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek Rivers. Battle Creek is proud of its rich and varied past. Known in different eras of its history as the Queen City, Health City and the International City, today Battle Creek is the “Cereal City” the “best known city of its size in the county.” As the birthplace of the cereal industry, Battle Creek is known around the world. Battle Creek is home to Kellogg Company International Headquarters and Post Cereal.
If you like water sports, fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, skiing, or snowmobiling you’ll love it here. If you enjoy college or professional sports you’re just about an hour away from Detroit Tigers/Lions, University of Michigan Wolverine or Michigan State University Spartan games.