Food Server - Prime Rib - Maryland - Live! Casino and Hotel Maryland
Food Server - Prime Rib - Maryland
Live! Casino and Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Feb 27, 2021
Mar 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
Provides friendly and efficient food and drink service to restaurant guests. Assures that guests have a favorable dining experience. Smiles and engages in conversation with guests as a key to the success for the wait staff.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for acknowledging guests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Responsible for knowledge of the menu and being able to make confident recommendation to the guests.
- Responsible for acquiring and validating a method of payment for all extra food and beverage service in the restaurant. Responsible for taking orders from guests, recommending food choices, and presenting food. Assisting in clearing tables, transporting dirty
- dishes and linen to a bus cart. Cleaning work station and wait stand at end of shift.
- Enhances the gaming and dining experience of guests to Maryland Live Casino, with prompt, efficient, service and interaction with guests.
- Help with the execution and delivery of In-Room Dining orders when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to use fountain soft drink, tea and coffee machines.
- Ability to read and write basic instructions.
- Knowledge of Alcohol Beverage Control laws, health regulations, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Excellent communication skills needed.
- Ability to organize and be creative. Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of food.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. A high level of customer service training would be a plus.
- Experience: One (1) to three (3) years of experience in casual, buffet and or fine dining restaurant.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout a scheduled shift
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach while carrying dishes, glasses and serving tray.
- Ability to push bus cart and carry trash/linen bags weighing up to 35 pounds.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino and Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Circle #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino and Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.