Network Engineer - Bally's Corporation
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Jan 13, 2021
Feb 13, 2021
Type of Position:
The Network Engineer is highly responsible technical and supervisory work of a specialized nature in the maintenance, support, and administration of local, wide area and wireless networks. Conducts thorough and detailed review of existing functions and methods of operations and develops systems and processes to foster an environment for continuous improvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining strategy and implementation plan that optimizes and efficiently deploys LAN/WAN and wireless networks.
- Providing supervisory and technical guidance for all the network/telecom team.
- Presenting reports on performance at the manager, and executive levels.
- Standardizing all incident identification, tracking, and reporting procedures.
- Analyzing system faults and troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Reviewing and preparing documentation for systems, tests, and production.
- Performing adds, moves and changes to the network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls and wireless devices.
- Performing adds, moves changes and maintaining Cisco VoIP system including voice messaging.
- Conducting regular and periodic maintenance on network infrastructure to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the network and that maximum network availability is maintained.
- Assist implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network media and components.
- Monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Assist with execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions before implementation.
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Provide operation and sustainment administration and services for day to day operation, maintenance (preventative, corrective, and perfective) of cable plant, and network and communications equipment and configurations.
- Maintain accountability of network hardware, software, spares, test equipment and other related infrastructure components.
- Research new networking technologies and develop recommendations to best support the organization.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organization Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Continually drafting and maintaining documentation.
- Ensuring project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Related work as required.
- Travel to secondary sites as required performing network equipment maintenance and upgrades.
Supervisor of processes; not people.
Chief Information Officer
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
- Practical experience with CISCO and Extreme, switches, routers and other network components.
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
- Experience with Palo Alto, Cisco, SonicWall and Fortinet firewalls and VPN appliances
- Experience with Cisco Unified Call Manager and other VOIP technologies
- Demonstrated experience with supporting IP services
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast.
- Experience with SD-WAN and MPLS technologies.
- Experience with information security policies, rules and regulations and how it impacts network design.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."