Housekeeping Staff - Tortoise Rock Casino
Tortoise Rock Casino
Twentynine Palms, California 92277
Jan 13, 2021
Apr 30, 2021
Type of Position:
The Housekeeping Staff maintain a clean and attractive appearance of the casino and other buildings owned and or operated by the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians in a clean, orderly, and safe manner by performing the following duties according to standard operating procedures and training standards:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker areas, employee break room (floors, walls, dust), and other assigned work areas.
- Sweep, scrub, and vacuum floors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dust and polish metalwork, fixtures, furniture, and equipment on all surface areas. Slot machines and electric escalator.
- Empty wastebaskets and empty and clean ashtrays.
- Transport trash and waste to designated disposal area.
- Replenish restroom supplies according to anticipated need and/or schedules.
- Provide soap and paper towels to patrons during peak or busy times when necessary.
- Clean contaminated spills with appropriate cleaning materials and protective equipment.
- Disinfect lavatory, floors, and fixtures after each use.
- Transport small equipment or tools between departments as assigned by supervisor.
- Caution management regarding complaints about misuse of property.
- Communicate job issues appropriately and only based on facts.
- Clean windows and doors.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests, vendors, and employees and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience (Must Be Documented)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk or sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Tortoise Rock Casino
73829 Baseline Road
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members. The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents and the casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Be Part of The Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians. As an employer, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, and much more.