Public Safety Officer - Tortoise Rock Casino
Public Safety Officer
Tortoise Rock Casino
Twentynine Palms, California 92277
Jan 13, 2021
Mar 31, 2021
Type of Position:
The Public Safety Officer protects all Tribal property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing standby and security functions. May respond to medical situations and render preliminary first aid to patrons and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide general security services for the protection of tribal members, tribal property, guests, and employees.
- Document suspicious persons and/or activities on prescribed departmental forms.
- Perform gaming related standbys, carry out chip transfers, and stand security posts.
- Inspect assigned areas for security and/or safety breaches and report any potential situations to Sergeant.
- Sound alarm or call police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at Casino to maintain orderly flow.
- Provide preliminary first aid instructions before paramedics arrive.
- Issue and receive security passes and maintain visitor log.
- Possess knowledge of Casino services and promotions and the location thereof.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures; attend all scheduled safety meetings, and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience (Must Be Documented)
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Should possess 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Work under pressure, especially in emergency situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, and perform simple multiplication and division tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must be able to obtain Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Must obtain and maintain CPR First Aid Certification and AED
- Must possess and maintain a Bureau of Security and Investigative Services CA Guard Card.
- Must possess a Baton certification
- Must possess a Pepper Spray certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk, and/or listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, motor vehicles, and extreme variations in temperature.
- The employee will be exposed to extreme variations in noise level in the work environment.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24-hour, 7- day per week basis.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume and place it in the Applicant Tracking Report. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume.
Tortoise Rock Casino
73829 Baseline Road
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members. The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents and the casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Be Part of The Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians. As an employer, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, and much more.