Dealer - Spotlight 29 Casino
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Sep 25, 2020
Jan 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Spotlight 29 is looking for Dealers who have great people skills and help keep our table games the most fun in town. Conduct gambling games such as Blackjack, Poker, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Stud, or other games at Spotlight 29 and Tortoise Rock Casino.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coin money.
- Ensure that wagers are placed before cards are dealt, or dice are tossed.
- Announce winners to players.
- Compute payable odds to pay winning bets.
- Pay winning bets and collects losing bets.
- Follow established procedures, including game protection.
- Physically handles and verifies accuracy of table fills and credits.
- Provide excellent Customer Service.
- Attend meetings, training, including safety meetings and training.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prefer three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- **We do offer classes on how to learn to be a Dealer. Classes run 4 weeks minimum, 16 hours a week from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Training is unpaid.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand in one location for extended periods of times; the employee is regularly required to hold deck of cards in hand for long periods of time; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must be able to retain and recall significant amount of gaming regulations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
- This is a fast paced, often stressful position.
- Must be able to stand long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 day per week basis.
Compensation: $10.00 Per Hour + Tips
(Federal Minimum Range is $7.25 per hour) ~ Tips aren’t shared
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button which will submit your Casino Careers resume and place it in our Applicant Tracking Report. You may also email your resume using the Email Employer form. If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.