Beverage Bar Back - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Beverage Bar Back
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Jan 07, 2021
Feb 18, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Bar backs are expected to deliver truly great service, and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Bar backs should be knowledgeable and familiar with basic beverage items, drink preparations, ingredients, and garnishes and be able to assist bartenders. Bar backs must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations. Bar backs must ensure safe drinking standards are being met by recognizing the signs of intoxication, following safe alcoholic service practices, policies, and guidelines, and communicating with patrons and management to ensure everyone is having a great experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant/bar guests and bar staff.
- Greets, and makes welcome, each guest seated in assigned station.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards.
- Assists bartenders, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning, re-stocking and garnish preparation.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant/bar equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines), as scheduled, or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Recognizes Red, Black & Blue players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Has an understanding of where all beverage items, materials, equipment, condiments, service ware, utensils and other supplies are stored and located.
- Assists with keeping all beverage areas including stock rooms, walk -ins and hallways are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Attends all training and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Is aware of all fire and safety rules established in the department and company.
- Notifies the manager/supervisor on duty of any dangerous/unsafe work hazards in a timely fashion.
- Completes all side work and projects as assigned in a timely manner. Informs supervisor on duty of any unfinished work or challenges in a manner that allows the supervisor time to react and remedy the situation.
- Gathers, cleans polishes, inspects, counts, labels, and delivers all glassware, liquor bars, and other items as assigned or needed.
- Delivers beverage product, glassware, ice and other items to bars in a safe but timely manner.
- Cuts fruit garnishes as assigned along with other set up duties.
- Knows all beverage products such as liquors, wines, beers, and mixers so that product can be located quickly when needed and also returned back to the proper location at the end of the event.
- Stays to clean and organize all beverage areas and equipment so that all areas, product and equipment are in place, cleaned, and secured before leaving at the end of the shift.
- Needs to be flexible with work schedule and willing to help out in other beverage department outlets as needed.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous bar back experience in a high volume, sophisticated restaurant/bar preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, late nights, early morning, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet physical appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)
- Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level
- Must be able to pull or push 100 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers)
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping counters and table tops
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- 1 years previous bar back experience at upscale/high volume resort/casino beverage operation preferred.
- Valid food handlers card.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.