Customer Support Engineer I - Maryland - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Customer Support Engineer I - Maryland
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Jan 21, 2021
Feb 25, 2021
Type of Position:
- Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Customer Support Team works directly with Live! Team members, providing world class customer service and support. We are the “go to” people for internal and external inquiries. Working to resolve customer issues is our priority. This is an introductory position that performs tasks related to the repair of a variety of technology-based products typically associated in an end-user computing environment.
As a Customer Support Engineer I, you are the first point of contact for all issues reported by both external and internal customers. This position requires strong communication skills and both technical and customer service skills to diagnose and resolve the issue.
- Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
- Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and/or update SOPs with other Engineers
- Perform basic to occasionally moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PCs, desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, kiosks and printers
- Provide support to client identified VIPs
- Respond to management requests including installing new PC equipment, providing end-user desk side support and other related activities
- Perform/Install/Move/Add or Change (IMAC) activities
- Perform all assigned desk-side support activities
- Display outstanding technical and professional service skills at all times
- Meet established customer service satisfaction levels and other operational/customer service metrics as outlined in established guidelines
- Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
- Understand and follow all documented service operations policies and procedures
- Other duties or certifications may be assigned to meet business needs
- Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Demonstrated experience in providing professional customer service in an IT support environment with an increasing acumen for strong technical problem-solving skills
- We are a 24/7/365 business. Candidates need to have reasonable schedule flexibility and be aware that they may need to provide rotational after-hours support.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, mature, positive attitude and self-confidence in accomplishing daily tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to collaboratively work as part of a team, both within and outside the department on a daily basis
- Flexibility and ability to work within a high growth, high stress, and fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and meet established deadlines.
- Strong research and business writing skills preferred
- Must have initiative, strive for continuous improvement and proven ability in implementing innovative ideas or business solutions
- Excellence in communication and customer-facing skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instructions
- Ability to provide various oral and written reports
- Completion of projects on time and within budget
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure
- Educational Requirements
- Technical school certification preferred or equivalent of one (1) to three (3) years of relevant IT Help Desk or customer support experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position.
- Maintain and or achieve all required OEM Certifications as directed by Management
- A+ certification is preferred
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware systems
- Experience supporting Microsoft Technologies (Office 365, Desktop Windows 10, Server 2008, Server 2010, Active Directory, SCCM, MDM) or VMWARE server virtualization technologies preferred
- Understanding of ITIL IT support methodologies preferred - especially support for support of processes involving ticket creation/prioritization, documentation of problem resolutions and closing of tickets per SOP and leadership guidance
- Experience with BMC Footprints support ticket management system preferred
- May require additional customer-specific certifications or training as required.
- Physical Requirements
- Sitting 25%
- Walking 50%
- Standing 25%
- Lifting up to 60 lbs. 60 – 100 with assistance
- Pulling and bending
- Repetitive Keyboarding
- Working Conditions
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Circle #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.