Slot Tech Supervisor - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Slot Tech Supervisor
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Mar 01, 2021
May 09, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Slot Tech Supervisor is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external guest.The Slot Tech Supervisor is also responsible for performing all repairs necessary without assistance; possesses advanced and comprehensive knowledge of all facets of slot machine diagnosis and repair; provides training and guidance to lesser experienced technicians, and has previous supervisory experience in the slot field. Supervises staff and resources related to Slot Operations on assigned shift, ensuring compliance with established regulations.
- Provides superior guest service, positively affect interactions with external and internal guests and team members, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Diagnoses and repairs the total range of all mechanical and electronic slot machine malfunctions.
- Diagnoses and repairs electronic circuit boards.
- Utilizes shop machines or devices and may invent or create new parts or circuits.
- Acts as a specialist in both mechanical and electronic areas and accept assignments for complex repair work.
- Serves as a supervisor to technicians and trainees.
- Provides input to departmental planning including scheduling.
- Motivates staff in order to develop a more qualified work force and monitor floor coverage.
- Maintains advanced skill levels and immediately develop expertise required by new technologies for slot machines.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance, slot machine inspection, machine moving and installation, all in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance, repairs, and general operating condition of slot machines and Electronic Boards.
- Assists with training all slot technicians.
- Responsible for following internal control procedures as they apply to machine removal, installation, maintenance and key control.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance program and logs.
- Tracks slot machine and parts inventory and communicates needs immediately
- Monitors training required for all slot technicians.
- Follows through and delegates work projects.
- Adheres to Title 31 procedures.
- Swift response to player needs
- Demonstrates positive communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with guests, (internal and external) at all times
- Assist with marketing promotions as needed
- Ensures cleanliness of shop area and in repair areas, reporting issues to appropriate department(s)
- Assists in maintaining EGS floor security by notifying department heads of any suspicious activity
- Maintains current knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state etc.) and attendant regulations, as well as the property’s internal controls, policies and procedures
- Promotes fun, friendly, positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service
- Maintain confidentiality of players' information and all OJC procedures
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Punctual attendance required
- Ability to work required overtime.
- Other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time
- Ability to lead by example and act as a ethical and positive role model
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional and friendly demeanor in all situations
- Ability to provide sound and measurable backup to support any/all recommendations for change
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, direct and assign work
- Ability to work as a team
- Able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Superior guest service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and on a team, and exercise good judgment in handling a variety of situations.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge and ability to raise service and quality standards through ensuring that Oaklawn’s Core Values and Standards of Behavior are being upheld
- Knowledge of all facets of the gaming industry
- Knowledge of Gaming Commission policies, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of gaming, federal and state reporting requirements
- Strong computer skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must have a professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to use a hand-held radio for communications
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Ability to work in a smoking environment with moderate to loud noise levels and varied light levels including flashing lights
- Must be in good physical condition, position requires frequent physical labor including walking, standing, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching and carrying
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push 50lbs., with or without assistance; less frequently up to 100 lbs
- Ability to stand and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard, reach with arms and hands
- Ability to work a schedule that includes evenings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of shift
- Ability to easily traverse the gaming floor
- Must maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, and effectively deal with guests and coworkers.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for handling machine functioning and repairs
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School graduate or GED required; College preferred
- Electronics or computer degree or certification preferred
- 2+ years slot tech experience preferred
- Guest service experience is a must
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting and credit check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?