Casino Cocktail Server - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Casino Cocktail Server
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Feb 10, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
This position is responsible for taking orders and serving alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic beverages. Responsible for providing friendly and professional service to every guest encountered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes orders and serves alcoholic beverages and/or non-alcoholic beverages according to established recipes and procedures.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable of specials, products and prices
- Provides timely cocktail service in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Keeps assigned areas clean and clear of empty drink containers and trash.
- Constantly looks for service opportunities.
- Maintains a proper, complete, and clean uniform.
- Uses all available resources to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- May be required to prepare detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required by the reporting senior.
- Reports any service issues to manager on duty
- Reports immediately any incidents of potential over-service to manager on duty
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Effectively communicates concerns and information to supervisor and listens to communication from supervisor.
- Effectively relates ideas for improvements to supervisor and management in accordance with chain of command.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow team members, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of alcoholic beverages, liquors, wines, beers and spirits
- Ability to "upsell" and recommend products
- Ability to perform basic math and make change
- Ability to handle many guests in varied areas attention to timely and accurate delivery of product
- Ability to lead by example and act as a positive role model
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional and friendly demeanor in all situations
- Ability to handle and defuse hostile, intoxicated or upset individuals professionally and calmly
- Knowledge of and adherence to safe service standards
- Read, write, speak and understand in English; additional language knowledge is great to have
- Regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled is required
- Strict confidentiality
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with managerial staff, co-workers, guests, and the general public
- Ability to maintain compliance with attendance and appearance standards
- At least six months experience in beverage service in a high-volume, fast-paced environment; nightclub experience preferred.
- Casino experience preferred
- ServSafe certified
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. Will be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke,varied light levels including flashing lights, excessive noise, adult language and constant exposure to general public.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of shift and easily traverse assigned areas
- Must be in good physical condition, position requires frequent physical labor including walking, standing, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, stooping, reaching and ability to occasionally lift, pull, push 50lbs., with or without assistance
- Repetitive lifting, carrying and balancing of service tray, up to 20 pounds using one hand.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms
Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting, driving and credit check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?