Count Room Manager - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
55443 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Count Room Manager
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Sep 17, 2020
Oct 17, 2020
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Count Room Manager is responsible for assuring the efficient and smooth operation of the gaming devices drop and count room in accordance with gaming regulations and accounting procedures.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for efficient overall operation of the count room and staff.
- Assure that gaming devices, table games and poker drop and count room procedures are followed in compliance with gaming regulations.
- Completion of financial reports, paper work, and security of information internally.
- Assure compliance of internal controls for all accounting and cash handling.
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels to maintain budgeted levels of employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Development of staff, to include training, interviews for hires, and performance management to include disciplinary counseling and conducting performance evaluation. Supervises processes and procedures to reduce loss time injuries.
- Review drop and count room activities with the Director Cage Operations and the Drop and Count Supervisor.
- Meet with departmental supervisors and managers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of state and local tax laws, banking codes, gaming regulations, and internal controls.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures and in an interruptive environment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in a casino Count Room with Table Games and Slot / VLT experience required with a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years Supervisory experience required
- High School Diploma Required.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Ability to push, pull and lift 50 to 100 lbs.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Circle #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.