Audio Visual Systems Technician - Pittsburgh - Live! Casino Pittsburgh
Audio Visual Systems Technician - Pittsburgh
Live! Casino Pittsburgh
Greensburg, Pennsylvania 15601
Sep 10, 2020
Oct 10, 2020
Type of Position:
The Audio Visual Systems Technician provides technical support, design, installation and implementation of in-house audio-visual equipment and non-print media assets. This includes operating, maintaining, distributing, installing, configuring, repairing, and upgrading various electronic products while ensuring their optimal performance for the customers “digital experience” at Live! Casino. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training and assistance where required. This includes assisting departments with content for display on a variety of casino digital signage devices including, but not limited to in slot iView & Symon displays, slot signage (LED/LCD) and other future digital signage technologies. This position will involve working closely with Marketing, Slots, and other casino departments in the technical deployment of content to digital signage devices on property. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Live!’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and delivers required audio-visual service levels according to company policies and user requirements.
- Completes AV work requests, project and initiatives as directed by the Information Technology Manager.
- Sets up, configures tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems.
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Documents instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of AV equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Builds and maintains a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
- Advises on the purchase of new AV equipment and assists with its installation.
- Handles incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup.
- Troubleshoots AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make repairs as necessary.
- Tags or labels AV equipment owned by the organization; periodically audits inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
- Produces, dubs, edits, and copies all AV media, as required. Attends all necessary meetings.
- Duties, responsibilities, and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate gaming license as determine by the State Gaming Agency for the position.
- One (1) to three (3) years of work experience with digital signage environments, e.g., Symon, CoolSigns, Scala, Nanolumens, etc., is required.
- Experience with Crestron, HTML5 programming is highly preferred.
- Previous experience providing multi-media delivery support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Windows and/or Mac OS.
- Excellent understanding of online and social media trends and technologies, including demonstrated proficiency in audio and video devices (hardware/software/tools) and their output.
- Ability to learn new skills as required to stay up to date on property equipment and programming functions, i.e. Crestron, Symon, Scala, etc.
- Must have the ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees, customers and vendors.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be resourceful, utilizing all resources that are available to resolve issues.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays.
- Requirements pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- A four (4) degree or experience equivalent in computer science, graphic design, multi-media systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- 24/7 operation requiring extended hours and the ability and willingness meet the applicant’s schedules when needed.
- Casino is over 100,000 square feet and requires ability and energy to move about it with a true sense of urgency.
- Sitting 70%
- Walking 25%
- Standing 5%
- Keyboarding 50%
- Use of going up and down 31 stairs multiple times per day and elevators
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 100,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 500 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You may occasionally work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino Pittsburgh
5260 Route 30
Greensburg, PA 15601
Live! Casino Pittsburgh opening in late 2020, is a $150-million, first-class gaming, dining and entertainment destination in Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County, approximately 30 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. Conveniently situated directly off Route 30 at the popular Westmoreland Mall development, the 100,000-square-foot facility will feature 750 slots and approximately 30 live-action table games, plus a FanDuel Sportsbook.
It also will provide nationally recognized restaurants and live entertainment venues, including Sports & Social Steel City, a one-of-a-kind sports restaurant, gaming venue and social lounge that will offer guests the ultimate sports fan experience. Live! Casino will be developed, owned and managed by Stadium Casino Westmoreland RE LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies, the premier developer of Live! dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country.
Live! Casino is projected to generate $200 million in annual economic impact, with an additional $148 million in economic impact from construction, including approximately 960 direct and indirect construction jobs, plus more than 500 permanent new jobs for local and regional residents.