Status Board Operator - Agua Caliente Casinos
Status Board Operator
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Apr 01, 2021
May 17, 2021
Type of Position:
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Operates Housekeeping switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Provides excellent customer service by answering calls efficiently and professionally along with an exceptional phone etiquette. Excellent ability to multi-task in a fast paced job setting with multiple departments and team members with exceptional customer service. Excellent communication skills with two-way radio, telephone and computer systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Answers all incoming calls and interoffice calls, transfers calls accordingly to the appropriate person or department.
- Takes information about guest requests to dispatch them to the appropriate person.
- Screens telephone calls for Team Members according to guidelines.
- Supplies information to callers and records messages.
- Follows up guest requests with a call back to assure that the request was completed to the guest's satisfaction.
- Operates the departmental two-way radio system, receiving and dispatching calls for Housekeeping.
- Elaborating Opera computer system reports as instructed.
- Updating the room status on the Opera system as needed.
- Assists in updating and maintaining inventory of Lost and Found items.
- Assists in the schedule preparation.
- Investigates complaints regarding service and equipment in order to take corrective action.
- Elaborates Work Orders for Facilities keeping track until completion.
- Assist Housekeeping Management with any details or work that need to be completed.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, time edits, and prepares periodic reports.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing filing and computer inputs.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Communicates with other departments as required.
- Assist in other Housekeeping areas as needed.
GAMING EXPERIENCE NOT REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.,
- 2 years of telephone operator experience preferred.
- Must have computer knowledge, with emphasis in hotel software.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job successfully the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 mile, climbing stairs/step ladders and sitting at a desk work station for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 30 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-lined telephone.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs • Cathedral City, CA
Agua Caliente Casinos are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Agua Caliente Cathedral City is slated to open in the fall of 2020. The gaming floor will have 536 slot machines and 8 table games. The casino features several food and beverage venues, 360 Sports Cathedral City, Café One Eleven, and the classic coffee-house, Java Caliente which is open 24 hours a day.
The Agave Caliente Tequila Bar, which is attached to the 12,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment pavilion known as Agua Caliente Pavilion, overlooks the mountainous desert landscape. The Pavilion will host reoccurring live entertainment and events, and can be reserved year-round for private parties, weddings, charitable functions, etc.