Security First Responder - Pittsburgh - Live! Casino Pittsburgh
Security First Responder - Pittsburgh
Live! Casino Pittsburgh
Greensburg, Pennsylvania 15601
Nov 17, 2020
Feb 24, 2021
Type of Position:
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
Administer first aid treatment to and transport sick or injured persons to medical facility working as a member of the Live emergency medical team.
*Pending PGCB Approval
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing security duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Respond to and administer emergency first aid. Determine nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance basing decisions on statement of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Administer prescribed first aid treatment for which they are qualified and trained for at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle, performing such activities as application of splints, administration of oxygen or intravenous injections treatment of minor wounds or abrasions or administration of artificial resuscitation.
- Communicate with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facility.
- Complete necessary paperwork and reports accurately and in a timely manner. Key data into a computer to maintain office and patron/team member records.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and team members. Responsible for reporting safety hazards.
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to use a telephone properly.
- Ability to read and understand memos.
- Knowledge of emergency trauma. Good public relations/customer service skills.
- Knowledge of universal standards for exposure to blood.
- Knowledge of required OSHA regulations.
- Ability to perform duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certification as an emergency medical technician.
- Two (2) years’ experience as an Emergency Medical Responder or Emergency Medical Technician in an ambulance service, military, or medical facility.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (both hot and cold).
- Ability to run, stoop, bend and reach outward and above the head.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Ability to operate and ride a Segway and / or other vehicles.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 100,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 500 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino Pittsburgh
5260 Route 30
Greensburg, PA 15601
Live! Casino Pittsburgh opening in late 2020, is a $150-million, first-class gaming, dining and entertainment destination in Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County, approximately 30 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. Conveniently situated directly off Route 30 at the popular Westmoreland Mall development, the 100,000-square-foot facility will feature 750 slots and approximately 30 live-action table games, plus a FanDuel Sportsbook.
It also will provide nationally recognized restaurants and live entertainment venues, including Sports & Social Steel City, a one-of-a-kind sports restaurant, gaming venue and social lounge that will offer guests the ultimate sports fan experience. Live! Casino will be developed, owned and managed by Stadium Casino Westmoreland RE LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies, the premier developer of Live! dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country.
Live! Casino is projected to generate $200 million in annual economic impact, with an additional $148 million in economic impact from construction, including approximately 960 direct and indirect construction jobs, plus more than 500 permanent new jobs for local and regional residents.