AML Compliance Officer - Philadelphia - Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
AML Compliance Officer - Philadelphia
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Sep 11, 2020
Oct 11, 2020
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The AML Compliance Officer develops, implements and maintains the AML Compliance program to ensure compliance with applicable Federal and State gaming regulations. Responsible for understanding and complying with Title 31, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and requirements for Live! Casino and Hotel. Oversee the daily Title 31 compliance operation to include but not limited to all reporting requirements and leading the Title 31 program. In addition, the incumbent in this position is responsible to promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee, process and ensure accuracy of Title 31 related forms completed by casino staff.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate submission of Title 31 required document filings.
- Maintain all regulated paperwork and postings.
- Monitor and review all Title 31 operational areas and assist in the drafting of sound, effective and operationally efficient internal control procedures that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Investigate reported suspicious activity as related to Title 31.
- Address potential non-compliance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Ensure all team members are in compliance for all Title 31 programs
- Title 31 training and assist departments in meeting training requirements for successful and timely completion.
- Draft written responses to internal and external Title 31 audits.
- Provide any other Title 31 support to casino departments and functions as needed.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Strong understanding and comprehension of all relevant Title 31/Anti-Money Laundering, law and regulation, gaming audits and casino operations.
- Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Ability to promptly respond to common inquiries, complaints, or requests from various internal and external parties in a professional manner.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as internal controls and manuals.
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- The team member must be able to operate a personal computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline from an accredited college or four year university, preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience with Title 31 (Bank Secrecy Act), Anti-Money Laundering regulations, in a casino environment preferred.
Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- The team member is regularly required sit, stand and walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- The team member may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to twenty five (25) pounds with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The team member is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, opening in 2021, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus new dining and entertainment venues.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is projected to generate $2 billion in annual economic impact, with an additional $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District, plus over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs for local and regional residents.
Pending Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board final approval.