IT Support Services Manager - FireKeepers Casino Hotel
IT Support Services Manager
FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
Jul 07, 2020
Dec 31, 2020
Type of Position:
The responsibilities of the Support Services Manager include directly supervising the LAN Administrator and all IT Technicians. This position is responsible for providing daily management of all helpdesk requests and ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Responsibilities include ensuring end-user support in a timely and courteous manner, mentoring and training staff to ensure all systems can be supported in a minimal timeframe, scheduling staff in accordance with set priorities, and managing and documenting the workload of the staff through the helpdesk software. Manage remote and desk-side hardware and software support for end users of PC-based systems and diagnose and repair issues related to hardware and software including operating systems, office applications, networks, computer operations, phone systems, and POS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Oversees and mentors the Support Services team.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Support Services team.
- Interfaces with all departments, regarding current Information Technology (IT).
- Manages the Installation of hardware, software, operating systems and office applications including: unpacking new equipment, installing and removing options in PC’s, installing and configuring software, performing backups of workstations and servers, shutdown and moving workstations, and perform PC installations and swaps.
- Provide end-user support in a timely and courteous manner.
- Creates job aids such as quick reference guides and disseminates information to system users by writing desk instructions and training guides.
- Works with structured wiring systems, maintain, troubleshoot and support fiber optic and copper connectivity.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports network hardware in LAN, WAN, and wireless configurations.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports telephones, voice mail, and POS system.
- Performs administrative functions such as writing reports, maintaining accurate records, etc.
- Informs Director of IT of problem trends and provide status reports.
- Properly maintain records of help desk-related activities.
- Role model the skills of guest service and interacts positively through relationships with guests, coworkers, and supervisors displaying genuine concern and mutual respect for people’s needs. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner. Demonstrate skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to defuse difficult and sometimes emotionally charged situations to maintain the guest’s goodwill.
- Understands the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrates commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Prioritizes tasks, handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining sufficient staffing levels; interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
VP of Information Technology
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Minimum Requires Qualifications
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods. The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Six years combination of a technical or management degree and computer related support.
- Must possess effective communication skills, and be computer-literate, with superior programming and usage skills.
- Must have experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Must be able to pass an IT Technician aptitude test.
- Must be able to effectively communicate expectations and deliverables to end users and team members through oral and written communication.
General or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Business Administration from a four-year college or university required and two years of experience in Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or MS Certified Professional (MCP).
- Gaming related experience.
- Successful completion of any of the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Track Training programs.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical & Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel
11177 E. Michigan Ave
Battle Creek, MI 49014
FireKeepers Casino Hotel, a first-class gaming facility, near Battle Creek, Michigan on a 78-acre portion of The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi Tribe’s reservation. The Casino is easily accessible from the adjacent and heavily traveled Interstate 94, near the Interstate 69 interchange. The facility is situated approximately halfway between Detroit and Chicago.
The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi broke ground on the 203-room hotel tower at the FireKeepers casino in Battle Creek. The hotel will be finished by late 2020. It will have a high limit slot and table game area, VIP lounge and restaurant.
- Approximately 111,700 square-feet of gaming space, including 2,900 Class III slot machines, 70 table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette and baccarat, and 160 seat live poker room
- A high-limit gaming area with a VIP lounge
- A 243 room resort-style hotel complete with indoor pool, exercise facility, full service restaurant, business center and a 2,000 guest concert venue
- Six distinctive and diverse dining options, including a 70-seat signature fine dining restaurant, a 24-hour cafe, a 300-seat buffet, a 110-seat quick service restaurant and a grab-and-go outlet
- "FireKeepers Pit Stop" featuring a car wash, convenience store with various food and beverage items, a well as a place to fill up your gas tank
- Three bar areas, including a sports bar with high-definition flat screen televisions, a 113-seat lounge with cabaret and live entertainment and a bar within our fine dining area
- An approximately 4,600 square-foot multi-function room to be used for special events and bingo
- A Casino gift shop with branded merchandise
- An attached multi-level parking garage that will accommodate approximately 2,000 vehicles, surface parking for an additional 400 vehicles and an area for bus and recreational vehicle parking.