Drop and Count Team Member (Full-Time) - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Drop and Count Team Member (Full-Time)
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Sep 10, 2020
Oct 10, 2020
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Drop & Count Team Member, under direct supervision of the Drop Count Supervisor, is responsible for the drop and count processes for Gaming Machines, Table Games and Poker Room Drop.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for opening, removing and securing currency from the slot machines and table games.
- Adheres to all Drop/Count policies and procedures.
- Accurately counts slot machine currency drop and tickets.
- Operates electronic currency counter/sorter and New Wave ticket counter equipment.
- Records currency from each bill acceptor and table game box on the electronic currency counter.
- Prepares and bundles the currency drop for verification.
- Separates slot ticket and currency from gaming machines.
- Performs chip count for Poker Room
- Prepares and creates various reports on the count and enters into computerized online accounting system.
- Informs supervisors of any discrepancies or variances.
- Ensures area is maintained and clean.
- Complete Drop/count during regular shift.
- Maintains confidentially of all information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplished related results as required.
- Ensure the safety and security of guest and employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, hear and speak clearly; and to handle and count money accurately.
- Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems and use a printer.
- Ability to write basic documents. Ability to read and understand basic instructions and memos.
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Ability to use a 10 key calculator.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, friendly, and professional manner.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and squat
- Must be able to work in a location with loud noise, visual distractions and temperature changes.
- Standing 100%
- Walking 50%
- Bending/Lifting (up to 75 lbs.)
- Pulling/Pushing (up to 75 lbs. with help)
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- You will need to walk up and down stairs to the Casino floor.
Work Hours/ Report Times
- Must be available to report to work at the following times:
- 1:45 am
- 3:00 am
- 5:00 am
- 7:00 am
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Circle #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.