Staff Accountant - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Jul 13, 2021
Oct 21, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements; reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts on a daily basis. Performs various departmental reporting and special projects.
Supervised by the General Ledger Accountant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1.Understands Payroll process and procedure in order to reconcile sub-ledger issues.
2.Understands Accounts Payable and Purchasing process and procedure in order to reconcile sub-ledger issues.
3.Understands Revenue Audit process and procedure in order to reconcile sub-ledger issues.
4.Reconciles and posts daily general journal entries.
5.Bank reconciliation and posting to general journal.
6.Reconciles tax accounts and files tax reports.
7.Analyzes financial statements according to budget and trend in order to reconcile any expense issues.
8.Prepares month end financial statements and reports for review and analysis.
9.Ensures compliance with GAAP and systems of internal controls.
10.Develops and prepares specialized reports as requested.
11.Knowledge of operations, Tribal, Federal and State reporting requirements.
12.Performs additional duties as necessary.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
Ability to draft complex reports and present and explain them to supervisors.
Ability to exhibit strong initiative and motivational commitment to the organization.
Ability to deal effectively with casino employees and be a team player.
Ability to make rapid decisions with limited resource data available.
Ability to analyze and develop time lines, project resources, and monitor and evaluate results.
Ability to use discretion in working with sensitive and confidential records.
Knowledge and experience in general ledger and financial statements necessary.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and three (3) years’ experience in an Accounting, Financial or Banking position. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university in a related field and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling seven (7) years may substitute for the required education and experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience in Payroll, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and Auditing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming License.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is performed indoors.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm: smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
Salary Range: $20.03 – $27.04 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
In 2021, Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, expanded its high limit gaming area; added a new Governor's Room, and a state-of-the-art sports bar with Class II gaming and a full menu. It features numerous big-screen TVs and an outside wrap-around deck with views of the Sandia Mountains and the city. The newly constructed entertainment space is about 50,000 square feet.
Sandia also added the Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge and renovated the hotel.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!