Public Areas Supervisor - Sandia Resort & Casino
Public Areas Supervisor
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Jun 22, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under general supervision, responsible for the overall Public Areas functions and cleanliness of the Casino, Resort and related facilities, in accordance with management directives. The Public Areas Supervisor is a working supervisor and is required to assume the same cleaning duties if the general Public Areas Attendants staff requires assistance.
Supervised by the Public Areas Manager.
The Public Areas Supervisor supervises and supports the Public Areas staff as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs orientation and training of new Public Areas employees. Makes sure that all new employees deal with Resort and Casino guests in a friendly and courteous manner and adheres to the Public Areas Service Standards.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work assigned to Public Areas personnel.
- Enforces Public Areas Department service standards and operating procedures.
- Oversees cleaning of casino floor, slot machines, resort public areas and other furnishings.
- In collaboration with the Public Areas Manager, prepares the weekly schedule including any special project schedules.
- Performs employee performance evaluations.
- Performs and processes associated employee disciplinary action reports and recommendations.
- Sign off and monitor Public Areas employee time cards for accuracy.
- Maintains inventory and order cleaning supplies as required. Responsible that all cleaning equipment is kept cleaned and in proper working conditions and is stored after use.
- Prepares and maintains files, records, reports, and related documents in support of departmental activities.
- Under an emergency evacuation and fire, the ability to control emergency mechanical functions; such as turns off/on electric power and gas.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Knowledge of operation of tools used in the performance of departmental work.
- Ability to type, prepare, and maintain office reports and records.
- Ability to maintain an equipment operating supply inventory.
- Knowledge of general safety rules, requirements, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good public and employee relations.
- Ability to maintain overall Public Areas supplies used in the Casino and Resort operations.
- Ability to administer first aid until Security Department assumes control.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of responsible experience in an environmental services work environment including prior supervisory experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background Investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
Salary Range: $20.03 – $27.04 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!