Poker Dealer - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 05, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
I. FUNCTION (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
II. Responsible for dealing and running assigned poker games in a professional manner, ensuring compliance with gaming regulations while embodying the Live! 5 core values.
III. CORE SERVICE STANDARDS
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
III. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Providing exemplary customer service with a professional demeanor.
- Dealing various games of poker, including but not limited to Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Stud and Draw.
- Dealing various limits, including No Limit, Limit, Spread Limit, and Pot Limit.
- Controlling gaming cards and equipment.
- Calculating pot, taking appropriate rake and jackpot in accordance with company and gaming regulations.
- Understanding and following the rules of all games offered.
- Maintaining the accuracy of all financial transactions.
- Developing customer relations and promotion of Live! Rewards program.
- Ensuring the safety and security of internal and external guests by notifying management of any suspicious or unusual activities.
- Paying wins/Taking losses.
- Attending training and meetings when required.
- Living the Live! 5 core values on a daily basis.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of work area, including but not limited to the cleaning of a broken table, vacuuming the felt, picking up debris, and pushing in chairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES)
Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: Casino dealing experience or technical school education in dealing specified game
License: Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as required by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position.
Bending At times from waist
- Repetitive hand motions
- Use of stairs and elevators
- Exemplary customer service.
- Ability to speak clearly, listen, and follow directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions.
- Ability and dexterity to handle chips, cards, and currency.
- Must possess good hand/eye coordination.
- Knowledgeable of specified games and regulations.
- Knowledge of theft techniques.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and forms.
- Complete, perform and understand basic mathematical functions in a timely manner. Proficiency in multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction is necessary.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationships among all personnel.
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures, internal controls, and Title 31.
- Complete knowledge of facilities, events, and promotions available to guests on property.
VI. WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- A. 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 square feet of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees. Position may be required to move around all areas with a sense of urgency.
- B. Exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- C. You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.