Table Games Dealer - MGM Springfield
51296 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Table Games Dealer
Springfield, Massachusetts 01103
Apr 04, 2019
May 05, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
It is the responsibility of the Table Games Dealer to perform the act of dealing table games professionally and accurately while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Deals games in which they are certified (e.g., Black Jack, Texas Hold’em, Baccarat).
- Handles transactions appropriately, and ensures proper documentation for “buy-ins”, payoffs, and markers.
- Verifies fills and credits to the game by verifying credit markers (Table # and amounts).
- Maintains the accuracy of all financial transactions by ensuring the correct exchange of currency and chips.
- Takes losing bets and pays winning bets following rules and procedures.
- Maintains the integrity of the game by remaining attentive and monitoring the moves of all players.
- Verbalizes player instructions or any other information as required in the procedures of each game.
- Maintains a professional, friendly, and courteous atmosphere that provides guests with an exceptional gaming experience, ensures efficient operations, and maintains the speed of the games by continually moving the action as necessary.
- Greets and welcomes guests, establishes rapport, and promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests, while staying alert to their needs and responding effectively to guest inquiries.
- Communicates verbally with supervisors or Table Games Managers of unnatural or irregular play and disputes on the game.
- Resolves guest complaints by referring the matter to management. Notifies supervisor immediately of all mistakes or claims, as well as all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft, and makes resolution only at the direction of the supervisor.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
- Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking and writing. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
- Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
- Diligence: The ability to follow direction in a structured setting and focus and concentrate on work tasks.
- Basic and Arithmetic Computation: The ability to perform arithmetic computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly. This includes the ability to handle chip and currency.
- Problem Solving: The ability to define, diagnose, and resolve problems. This includes seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem’s cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and to prevent its reoccurrence.
- Detail Orientation: The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
- Dependability: The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. This includes being conscientious, committed, reliable, trustworthy, and accountable for completing work activities.
- Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Integrity and Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies, procedures, and regulations. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
- Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
- Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Table Game Knowledge: The ability to learn and obtain a working knowledge of multiple Game Types.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of dealing multiple games experience
- One (1) year of dealing multiple games experience working in a similar resort setting
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MA Gaming License as required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Dealer Certification
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
One, MGM Way
Springfield, MA 01103
MGM Springfield is a $950 million resort casino in Springfield, Massachusetts. The casino, which opened in September 2018, is owned and operated by MGM Resorts International.
The integrated resort casino is designed to enhance the entire urban center of Springfield. The property has 125,000 square feet of gaming space with 2,550 slot machines, 120 gaming tables, a poker room with 23 poker tables and a high limit VIP gambling area.
The resort offers approximately 55,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space that will accommodate 15 shops and restaurants; and a multi-level parking garage. MGM Springfield also has a 252-room hotel along with a 10-lane bowling alley, arcade and movie theater.
When you've decided to pursue a career with MGM Resorts International, you're in great company. After all, 77,000 exceptional employees must know something. What they know is that MGM Resorts International and its hotels and casinos are great places to work, they care about their employees and value diversity. MGM Resorts International is a place where people love what they do and truly respect the people they work with.
Whether you're directly providing the ultimate guest experience at one of our spectacular resorts or you're building your career within one of our many Corporate disciplines, a career with MGM Resorts International is simply unlike any other. Start exploring and you'll see just what we mean.
The commitment of each of our employees at each of our resorts to creating the ultimate experience for our guests is the essence of MGM Resorts International.