Casino Controller - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
51278 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Sep 10, 2020
Oct 10, 2020
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Casino Controller is responsible for directing all aspects of casino accounting, revenue audit and Anti-money laundry (AML) compliance in accordance with company policy and Federal/state regulations, including the overall care, custody, and management of casino funds, securities, and records. The Casino Controller shall administer and supervise all casino accounting functions, analyzes financial statements and submit related reports to all management staff as well as regulatory agencies, adheres to all Internal Control Policies and Procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, Title 31 Rules and Regulations, as well as ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Is responsible for the audits of cage, count room, slots, table games, poker, hotel, retail, food and beverage, entertainment and other departments as required.
- Must be able to evaluate statistical reports and other business and gaming reports.
- Must possess an understanding of Revenue Audit, Cage, Credit and Count Room issues.
- Works closely with IT, Cage, Credit and Count Room departments to resolve any system problems related to the daily revenue audit and gaming systems.
- Ensures accurate tracking of information and timely filing related to all regulatory filings including gaming taxes, W-2G’s, Title 31/AML and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ensures timely payment of all gaming taxes and other regulatory fees.
- Review strengths and weaknesses of all accounting, cage and casino credit operations such as cash inventory levels, and general policies and procedures in order to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
- Review strengths and weaknesses of Cage, Credit and Count Room functions, in order to most effectively recommend changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources as they relate to casino accounting.
- Analyze daily casino cash flow, forecasts sources and uses of casino cash, and initiates casino cash management activities to position property in advantageous financial position.
- Manage the preparation of and reviews financial reports and reconciliations to ensure reasonableness and completeness, and releases reports or directs revision of reports.
- Review and interpret unusual transactions, adjustments or unexpected financial results to determine the appropriate accounting treatment or necessary follow up.
- Hires, trains, coaches and directs staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Three (3) to five (5) years in casino revenue audit or casino accounting fields.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Circle #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.