Poker Dealer (PT) - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
51199 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Poker Dealer (PT)
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Mar 26, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Responsible for the protection and control of the game being dealt.
- *Ensure payouts are made quickly and accurately.
- *Conduct the games in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, handling player transactions and notifying Supervisor of any irregularities.
- *Advise Supervisor of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
- *Inform Supervisor or other personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players.
- Maintain a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the guest with a pleasant gaming experience.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental internal controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.
- One (1) year of experience dealing Poker games in a licensed poker facility, hold a certificate of completion from an approved Dealers school or have prior in house Table Games experience required.
- Must pass audition demonstrating proficiency in required games.
- Professional attitude and appearance while maintaining a high degree of guest service.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines and possess integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents to include operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally required to stand and walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Starting Salary: $5.64 Per Hour + Tips
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Wisconsin.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Basic Life
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free On-site Workplace Health Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Free 24 hour Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!