Table Games Dealer - Route 66 Casino Hotel
51024 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Table Games Dealer
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87121
Apr 19, 2019
Apr 29, 2019
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
A Table Games Dealer provides superior guest service by greeting patrons of the casino, handles buy-in and payoff transactions, and deals table games in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Laguna Development Corporation (LDC) Core Values, Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the casino.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately deal assigned games. Follow all dealing procedures; know and understand the procedures of assigned games.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact, verbally greet guests, and positively and enthusiastically engage customers while they play).
- Maintain knowledge and strictly adhere to table game rules/procedures, internal controls, as well as Pueblo of Laguna Gaming Control Board/Tribal Gaming Regulatory Authority rules and regulations.
- Notify and keep Floor Supervisor informed of game situations, any irregularities noted in customer play and transactions during shift.
- Possess excellent dexterity for the games.
- Handle customer transactions for “buy-in” and “payoffs.”
- Verify fills, credit, and chip amounts issued.
- Make proper change and color ups.
- Understand and observe the proper rotation.
- Recognize winning/losing bets and situations.
- Assist supervisor in complying with all duties.
- Communicate effectively.
- Be absolute team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, amenities, surroundings (i.e. gift shop, restaurants, theater, etc.), providing accurate directions and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd or unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all LDC personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Certification preferred.
- Prior dealing experience highly desirable.
- Completion of a structured training program.
- Training certification and/or passing of a table audition may substitute for the required experience.
Licensing & Certification:
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
Essential Physical Requirements:
Requires the ability to hear, stand, talk, turn/twist, walk and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time. Requires the ability to bend over and sit 25-50% of the time. Requires the ability to push/pull, carry, lift and slide/transfer 1-50+ lbs. 1-24% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
Requires the ability to solve problems, plan, make decisions and interpret data 51-100% of the time. Requires the ability organize and read 25-50% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
The job is performed indoors with frequent exposure to loud noises and fumes (e.g., cigarette smoke).
- Obtain and maintain a gaming license through the Pueblo of Laguna’s Gaming Control Board.
- Comply with LDC and the Federal Government Bank Secrecy Act by acquiring and/or maintaining a Title 31 Certification.
- Must pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Route 66 Casino Hotel
14500 Central Ave
Albuquerque, NM 87121
Web Site: http://www.rt66casino.com/
Route 66 Casino Hotel is located just 20 minutes west of downtown Albuquerque on I-40, exit 140. The 50,000 sq. ft. Casino has over 1,350 slots and over 26 Table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette, poker, as well as a 500 seat bingo parlor.
Route 66 has a variety of food & beverage venues, including The All-New Buffet 66 Fresh Market, Thunder Road Steakhouse & Cantina, Johnny Rockets, Main Street Restaurant and 3 Lounges (360 Lounge, Poker Pub & Main Street Lounge).
The hotel has 154 rooms, a workout room and an indoor pool that features an outdoor sundeck. The Legends Theater is a 2,800 seat indoor entertainment venue offering live entertainment.
Click here to see photos of our sunny location where temperatures range from a low of 27 in December to a high of 92 in July.
Laguna Development Corporation our parent company, was founded in 1998, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Pueblo of Laguna. The corporation is a federally chartered tribal corporation with businesses consisting of 2 casinos, 5 retail outlets, 10 food and beverage venues as well as other business ventures.