Reservations Clerk - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Mar 15, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
This position is responsible for handling hotel room reservation requests for the Sandia Resort & Casino in an efficient, courteous manner to achieve maximum efficiency.
Reports to the Reservations Supervisor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Reservation Agent thanks caller for contacting property.
- Greets the guest with a warm and sincere greeting and closing.
- Reservation Agent uses guest name at least three times during duration of call.
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Provides customers information on all room types, packages, and rates. Describes rooms in a manner that will up-sell the hotel.
- Offers alternatives (day of week, dates, room types) to all callers where the initial request cannot be achieved.
- Uses basic sales techniques to upsell rooms and room types to increase profitability.
- Checks availability for all requested dates through the computer to ensure current and accurate status of the hotel is given.
- Keeps abreast of all functions and special events pertaining to the Sandia Casino Hotel Resort experience.
- Follows through on all changes pertaining to guest reservations.
- Cooperates and coordinates with all related departments to provide the best possible service.
- Responsible for understanding goals and selling guidelines along with the measurable service standards that are to be followed in the position.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Windows based software.
- Must have excellent Organizational Skills.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy and initiative in handling routine problems.
- Knowledge of general office methods.
- Working knowledge of accepted office practices and procedures, business English, mathematics and spelling.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in a hotel or resort.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outside work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke; diseases; cuts bruises, burns, common cold, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands – Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
Salary Range: $12.01 – $15.02 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!