Training & Development Manager - Casino Arizona / Talking Stick Resort
Training & Development Manager
Casino Arizona / Talking Stick Resort
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 15, 2019
Type of Position:
The Training & Development Manager plans, coordinates, and directs training and staff development programs for approximately 3400 employees and ensures that they have the necessary skills to successfully perform their jobs and deliver outstanding customer service to patrons. Directly supervises 2 trainer/specialists and 1 support employee.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelors degree from a 4 year college or university in Training, Education, Organizational Management, Business or a related field is required.
- Five (5) years experience managing training functions, preferably in gaming and/or hospitality industries, and developing new training systems and understanding the strategic relationship of training in the support of achieving the stated mission of the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and a broad working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office applications. Previous administrator experience with learning management systems and eLearning.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in providing guest services and skills in presenting and facilitating group-training programs.
- Working experience in tribal gaming and knowledge of Native American cultures strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, when necessary, to facilitate training to employees of various work shifts.
All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort
Human Resources Center
8900 E Chaparral Road
Scottsdale AZ, 85250
Website: www.casinoaz.com or www.talkingstickresort.com
THE TWO BEST PLACES TO WORK AND PLAY
Talking Stick Resort is located at the Loop 101 and Indian Bend Road in northeast Scottsdale near shopping and the Talking Stick Golf Course. Along with Slots, Keno, Blackjack and a 45 table Poker room, Talking Stick Resort features more than 100,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor function space and over 400 deluxe guest rooms.
This resort includes amenities like a state-of-the-art spa, nightly entertainment including the Degree 270 nightclub and a variety of dining options. The Orange Sky Restaurant is on the 15th floor overlooking the vast Phoenix/Scottsdale metropolitan area.
Casino Arizona is located at the Loop 101 and McKellips Road, boasts a world class showroom and a gaming floor that sparkles with slots (including high-limit), 50 gaming tables featuring Blackjack and other table games, plus fast-action Keno.
The assortment of dining options include the Cholla Steakhouse, Arizona Room, Eagles Buffet, the 24 hour Willows Cafe and the Salt River snack bar.