Director of Human Resources - Kiowa Casino
Director of Human Resources
Devol, Oklahoma 73015
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 15, 2019
Type of Position:
The Director of Human Resources oversees the HR Department in all daily activities; including employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, and team member services. Manages policy and procedure development as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity in all administrative and team member matters.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Compiles and manages annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Writes directives advising department managers of policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and team member benefits.
- Consults appropriate agencies to ensure that policies comply with tribal policies, laws,and any applicable federal or state laws.
- Develops and maintains a human resource system ensuring compliance with all applicable laws.
- Oversees all benefits and recruiting activities for legal compliance and accuracy.
- Oversees and tracks all IDP activity.
- Ensures accurate Team Member data tracking and maintenance.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of team member records required by law or local governing bodies.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and industry periodicals to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to management, KCOA, KGC, Executive Branch of the Kiowa Tribe regarding human resources policies and practices as directed or requested.
- Handles unemployment insurance claims, appeals and hearings.
- Works closely with Chief Operating Officer and management on dispute resolutions and conflict resolutions.
- Assists team members in conflict resolution.
- Trains Human Resources staff on applicable employment law and regulations.
- Oversees the assessment,development and implementation of all required and requested training needs.
- Supports Leadership training for Executives as requested or Directed.
- Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures, and to the MICS.
- Responsible for hiring, retaining, promoting,performance evaluations, training, disciplining, and terminating employee with concurrence of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Kiowa Casino and of the HR department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Knowledge and Certification
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field and 6 years experience as a Human Resource Generalist ; OR Associates Degree in Human Resources or related field and 8 years experience as a Human Resource Generalist; OR 10 years experience as a Human Resource Generalist
- 5 years as a HR Manager
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and practices
- SHRM-CP Accreditation or above
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
P.O. Box 100
Devol, OK 73527
Kiowa Casino, located in Devol, Oklahoma, offers nearly 900 Slot Machines and Table Games that include Blackjack, Ultimate, Lunar, and 3 Card Poker. Guests can dine at the Morningstar Steakhouse & Grill, the Morningstar Buffet, or The Winner's Circle Sports Bar and Grille.
Our team members are truly our most valuable assets. It’s important to us that Kiowa Casino is a great place to play and a great place to work. Located in Devol, Oklahoma we offer nearly 900 Slot Machines, Table Games and 3 Restaurants.
Kiowa Casino Team Members enjoy competitive salaries and solid benefits including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Llife Insurance and Long-term disability
• Free Team Member Meals
• Fair treatment, Open Door policy
• On-going development and growth opportunities
We encourage you to bring your skills to Kiowa Casino.