Executive Sous Chef - Miami Valley Gaming
Executive Sous Chef
Miami Valley Gaming
Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 15, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Executive Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef with managing, overseeing and organization of back of house venue operations ensuring that all rules and procedures are being followed and excellent customer service is being provided.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and enforcement of all departmental policies, procedures and standards of quality and performance.
- Fully responsible for food production, scheduling, food and labor costs and sanitation.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local food and beverage regulations.
- Works under the direction of the Executive Chef. Acts as the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Responsible for overall management of all kitchen operations, including supervising activities of Sous chefs and cooks,including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching and counseling, and termination.
- Ensures all associates adhere to company standards and procedures.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within unit specifications.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Heath Department regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent guest service orientation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and manage an effective team
- Excellent computer skills – i.e word, excel
- Excellent POS reporting knowledge
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts
- Five years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically experience in multi-unit high volume operations; previous gaming/casino experience preferred.
- Buffet, QSR and Upscale/Fine Dining experience required.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing. Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Associate must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is predominately walking and standing; frequently uses the stairs or elevators; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, color coordination, and ability to adjust focus. The associate may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Miami Valley Gaming
6000 State Route 63
Lebanon, OH 45036
Phone: (502) 636-4400
Miami Valley Gaming is a racino located in Lebanon, Ohio (midway between Cincinnati and Dayton).
It features a 186,000-square-foot gaming facility with 1,900 video gaming machines, a modern simulcast center with races from around the country, and a 5/8-mile harness racetrack with a 14,600 square-foot indoor grandstand that accommodates more than 1,000 racing fans and can double as an event center.
Dining options include Cin City Sea & Steak, MV Perks, Acres Seasonal Buffet,and Trifecta Eatery. Miami Valley Gaming also features 2 bars: 1803 and Center Bar.