Bell Person - Live Hotel - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Bell Person - Live Hotel
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Perform duties of Bellperson, assisting guests upon check-in and check-out and as needed.
II. Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
III. Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Show guests to room assisting them with their luggage (45%)
- Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions (15%)
- Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight (15%)
- Maintain the designated stations in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts (5%)
- Open doors while guests are being greeted in a friendly and courteous manner (5%)
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bell stand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests (3%)
- Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby (3%)
- Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of log (2%)
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms (2%)
- Perform pick-ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles
- May perform the duties of a valet
- Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
- Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism
- Other duties as assigned
IV. Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Able to read and interpret guest service materials, maps and directions
- Able to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and guests
- Flexible work schedule, hours and shifts will vary
V. Educational Requirements
- Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Experience: Customer contact experience is required. Ability to communicate with guests, respond to questions, knowledge of hotel services, local area events and activities. Ability to drive vans, limousines and automobiles and an excellent driving record as verified by a Motor Vehicle Report preferred. Second language may be desired.
- License: Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position.
VI. Physical Requirements
- Lifting 20 to 60lbs
- Pushing/Pull a minimum of120bs
- Carry 20-60 lbs.
- Bending a kneeling
- Continuous walking
- Continuous standing
- Climbing steps
VII. Working Conditions
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.