Assistant Wardrobe Manager - FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Assistant Wardrobe Manager
FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
Mar 07, 2019
Apr 08, 2019
Type of Position:
Excellent Opportunity for Candidate Seeking Advancement & Promotion to Manager in Next 10 to 12 Months!
The Assistant Wardrobe Manager assists the Wardrobe Manager with the supervision and organization of the Wardrobe Department, coordinating the inventory and staff, in the distribution, alteration, and tracking of uniform stock for the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Coordinates the issuance of Team Member uniforms.
- Assists with the supervision of daily inventory duties.
- Examines finished alterations to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Assists with monthly inventory of stock and supplies and notifies Accounting Department with the results.
- Responsible for keeping Team Members and department leadership abreast of proper uniform requirements and any uniform changes.
- Interprets company policies to Team Members and enforces safety regulations and appearance standards.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of Wardrobe Department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists Team Members with resolution as necessary.
- Issues Team Members lockers and for keeping a cross-reference file on each Team Member.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects Wardrobe materials.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining sufficient staffing levels; interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods. The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory position.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
One year of wardrobe management experience. The ability to operate all commercial sewing equipment with professional alteration skills and results. The ability to analyze and solve alteration problems. The ability to instruct and train seamstresses. Successful completion of any of the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Track Training programs.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Competitive Hiring Salary
Excellent PTO Program
Medical Benefits after 30 days of Employment
Matching 401K (up to 3%)
Annual Performance Reviews – Can Earn up to 6% Annual Merit Increase
Discretionary Incentive Bonus Program
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel
11177 E. Michigan Ave
Battle Creek, MI 49014
FireKeepers Casino Hotel, a first-class gaming facility, near Battle Creek, Michigan on a 78-acre portion of The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi Tribe’s reservation. The Casino is easily accessible from the adjacent and heavily traveled Interstate 94, near the Interstate 69 interchange. The facility is situated approximately halfway between Detroit and Chicago.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel offers a high-quality gaming experience focused on creating a casual, fun and exciting environment for patrons seeking a Las Vegas-style gaming experience. It is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel is owned and operated by the FireKeepers Development Authority, an instrumentality and political sub-division of The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi.
The Casino is approximately 237,000 square-foot facility featuring:
- Approximately 111,700 square-feet of gaming space, including 2,900 Class III slot machines, 70 table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette and baccarat, and 160 seat live poker room
- A high-limit gaming area with a VIP lounge
- A 243 room resort-style hotel complete with indoor pool, exercise facility, full service restaurant, business center and a 2,000 guest concert venue
- Six distinctive and diverse dining options, including a 70-seat signature fine dining restaurant, a 24-hour cafe, a 300-seat buffet, a 110-seat quick service restaurant and a grab-and-go outlet
- "FireKeepers Pit Stop" featuring a car wash, convenience store with various food and beverage items, a well as a place to fill up your gas tank
- Three bar areas, including a sports bar with high-definition flat screen televisions, a 113-seat lounge with cabaret and live entertainment and a bar within our fine dining area
- An approximately 4,600 square-foot multi-function room to be used for special events and bingo
- A Casino gift shop with branded merchandise
- An attached multi-level parking garage that will accommodate approximately 2,000 vehicles, surface parking for an additional 400 vehicles and an area for bus and recreational vehicle parking.
Working and Living in greater Battle Creek (Calhoun County) Michigan
Battle Creek is located in southwestern Michigan, at the union of the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek Rivers. Battle Creek is proud of its rich and varied past. Known in different eras of its history as the Queen City, Health City and the International City, today Battle Creek is the “Cereal City” the “best known city of its size in the county.” As the birthplace of the cereal industry, Battle Creek is known around the world. Battle Creek is home to Kellogg Company International Headquarters and Post Cereal.
If you like water sports, fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, skiing, or snowmobiling you’ll love it here. If you enjoy college or professional sports you’re just about an hour away from Detroit Tigers/Lions, University of Michigan Wolverine or Michigan State University Spartan games.