Director of Marketing - Odawa Casino Resort
50872 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Director of Marketing
Odawa Casino Resort
Petoskey, Michigan 49770
Mar 04, 2019
Apr 05, 2019
Type of Position:
The Director of Marketing oversees branding, marketing, communications and public relations strategies of Odawa Casino Resort. Oversees fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources management of the Marketing Department, in alignment with the goals and objectives of Odawa Casino Resort.
Makes discretionary decisions regarding the activities of the Marketing Department with the ultimate objective to drive revenue, visitation and return on investment while creating an environment that delivers outstanding guest and Team Member service. Must be an active, upbeat person who leads by example and develops a strong team and instill a positive guest service experience attitude to all staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes an annual strategic marketing plan in conjunction with the General Manager, Finance, Slots, Table Games and Hospitality Departments. The plan will be consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the General Manager and mission, vision, and values of Odawa Casino Resort. The plan will address increased revenues, incremental revenues and trip frequency, customer loyalty and retention and acquisition of new players with emphasis on converting into loyal customers. Develops dynamic promotions to improve trip frequency and increase casino revenues.
- Develops loyalty programs that groom players to increase ADT while maintaining trip frequency.
- Identifies the most popular internet advertising opportunities to maximize property exposure.
- Oversees the timely completion of ProForma analyses of promotions in collaboration with the Finance Department for timely review and approval by the General Manager.
- Oversees the media buy negotiations and advertising placement.
- Responsible for all music and entertainment on property.
- Manages departmental budget and finances.
- Reviews Odawa Casino Resort and department policies and procedures as needed for continuous updating, improvement and legal compliance and assures all department policies and procedures are followed uniformly. Ensures the proper scheduling and implementation of promotions, specials events and entertainment events to ensure success and return on investment.
- Creates and oversees all player events.
- Interfaces with any outside advertising agency or marketing department regarding property marketing strategies.
- Acts as a public relations liaison between Odawa Casino Resort and the local community.
- Plans, coordinates, assigns, supervises and directs the Marketing staff, Players Club and Player Development staff in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department; models exemplary leadership and champions the development of outstanding leaders in the organization; responsible for ensuring, through assessment, competence of all subordinates is demonstrated and improved continually.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts the marketing strategy to meet the changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Team to develop the organizational strategic direction.
- Administers development and maintenance of customer database.
- This position will have the authority to hire, terminate, provide training opportunities, recommend merit increases, evaluate performance, create and adjust performance standards, create and or delegate staff scheduling and invoke disciplinary action. This position may have other supervisory authority assigned as necessary through management.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned within the scope of work.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent and a minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated multi-property casino marketing experience with four (4) years at management level or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have knowledge of laws and regulations governing advertising, marketing and events.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and have the ability to relate effectively with Team Members and guests.
- Must be an active, upbeat person who leads by example and develops a strong team and instill a positive guest service experience attitude to all staff.
- Must be able to work any shift and any hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
Salary Range: $85,000.00 – 138,000.00
Health insurance begins on the first day of employment; 3% 401k Match
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Our Employer Online Application must be completed to to be considered.
Odawa Casino Resort
1760 Lears Rd.
Petoskey, MI 49770
Web Site: http://www.odawacasino.com/
Odawa Casino Resort is a Northern Michigan casino resort. Located in Petoskey, Michigan. It is owned and operated by the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians. The casino features 1,000 slots, 17 table games and a four-table poker room.
In addition to gaming, Odawa Casino Resort features multiple restaurants and retail outlets, a concert venue (Ovation Hall), a nightclub (The O Zone Nightclub), and a circular lounge bar in the middle of the gaming floor (Rendezvous). The Hotel has 137 total rooms (10 Suites and 127 standard guest rooms). There are also multiple conference rooms and a full service food & beverage service in the hotel. In 2016, Odawa Casino expanded with a new 5,000-square-foot satellite location with 120 machines in Mackinaw City.
The Odawa Casino in Mackinaw City offers 5,000 square ft. of gaming space featuring 120 machines.
Odawa Casino is proud to offer exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits packages to improve every aspect of life for Team Members:
- Prestige of working for a hospitality industry leader
- Competitive salaries and wages: Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians minimum wage is $10.50/hr.
- Health care plans including benefits for:
- Company sponsored long-term disability
- Company sponsored life insurance
- Short term disability
- Supplemental health insurance
- Supplemental life insurance (including spousal & dependent coverage)
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement plans with company match
- Health & wellness programs
- Professional development
- Education & tuition reimbursement
- On-site training programs
- Paid time off
- Team Member recognition programs
- Exclusive Team Member events
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Parental Leave (Paternal and Maternal) - after 1 year
PAID TIME OFF ACCRUAL RATES
During first year – 2 Weeks
After one (1) year – 2 ½ Weeks
After two (2) years – 3 ½ Weeks
After five (5) years – 4 Weeks
After seven (7) years – 4 ½ Weeks
After ten (10) years – 5 Weeks