Room Control Agent - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Room Control Agent
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and Company assets. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Live! Casino and Hotel.
CORE SERVICE STANDARDS
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. Steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
The Rooms Control Agent is responsible ensuring the hotel room inventory matches the available rooms and revenue applied correctly.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all guests room types are honored while ensuring no room types are in a negative position
- Partner with Relationship Marketing to maximize room availability and ensure all VIP and top tier players are upgraded accordingly when available
- Ensure that all no show revenue is posted timely and accurately
- Ensure that all 3rd/OTA reservations are set up properly
- Ensure all prepaid reservation revenue is posted within 24 hours of the reservation being made
- Ensure are reservations checked out with a balance are researched and resolved immediately
- Process lost and found immediately according to the lost and found policy
- Ensure that all groups that require to be pre-registered and pre-keyed are completed timely and accurately
- In the absence of a manager, address all guest service needs and resolve any service related problems or issues
- Assist Front Office staff in understanding guests ever changing needs and expectations
- Train new team members
- Assist with GSA tasks at peak times
- Knowledge of guests needs assessments and quality standards for service
- Order supplies to ensure proper par levels
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communication with team members in every department
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- You will be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- You will need to walk up and down stairs to the Casino floor.
- You will work in 24/7 high energy casinos with over 300,000 square feet of gaming, hotel and entertainment space.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Pushing/Pull up to 100lbs
- Carry up to 50lbs
- Some Bending / kneeling
- Frequent Walking
- Frequent Standing
- Some Sitting
- Climbing steps
- Able to read and interpret instructions and direction for guests
- Able to communicate without impediment with guests and staff in all areas relating to guest service
- Knowledge of Front Desk and Reservation procedures
- Ability to Perform assigned duties in a changing environment
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines required an irregular work schedule
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive environment
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least one year of Front Desk Experience
- No. of employees supervised: All housekeepers, housekeeping supervisors, laundry attendants and houseman
- Travel Required: None
- Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on business needs
- Gaming License: Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate gaming license as mandated by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.