Floor Supervisor /Pit Manager - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
50827 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Floor Supervisor /Pit Manager
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Jan 07, 2021
Jun 06, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Pit Manager, the Table Games Floor Person assists in the overall supervision of Table Games in a Pit or Pit Section. The Table Games Floor Person greets customers at the tables when accepting player club cards for tracking and acts as the arbiter for resolving customer complaints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Enforces all table game policies and procedures while insuring excellent guest service.
- Assists in monitoring game activity and player activity through the course of the shift.
- Opens or closes games in a Pit.
- Assists in deciding when to increase or decrease betting limits on any table game.
- Assists and notifies Pit Manager of any disciplinary actions to be issued with a table game employee.
- Acts as the intermediary arbiter settling customer disputes over rulings arising with table games.
- Under the approval of the Pit Manager, has authority to decide the fate of any player who violates any code of conduct during a game.
- Performs all computer functions necessary for the smooth operation of the department.
- Ensures the card inventory for the Pit and games is accurate.
- Communicates all necessary Title 31 documentation generated during a shift to the Pit Manager.
- Makes sure all forms are completed accurately.
- Applies knowledge of dealing procedures including house rules so as to preserve the security and integrity of games.
- Fills out and authorizes markers and completes Pit marker log only if directed by the Pit Manager.
- Maintains chip trays at tables in keeping with play.
- Notifies Pit Manager and Surveillance of any irregularities noticed.
- Answers questions or inquires from patrons.
- Able to work all shifts.
- Must be able to stand at a work station for extended period of time.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities other than overseeing the technical aspects of the card games.
Directs activities of dealers and supervisors engaged in providing services to guests and in maintaining facilities and equipment of table games by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects pit areas to ensure equipment is operative and observes employees and guests to assure that guest service levels are being maintained.
- Monitors equipment to assure that tables are in good repair, and that gaming devices meet or exceed standards.
- Fills in for Shift Manager when Shift Manager is off Duty such as days off, vacation, etc.
- Manages up to 10 subordinate Floor Supervisors who supervise up to 70 dealers and pit clerks in the Table Games Department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the pit, including game spread and limits.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Filling out performance reviews; disciplines and commends employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, addresses employee attendance issues.
- More importantly reports all issues involved in Shift to Shift Manager.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); college degree a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must be able to interact with management, co-workers, and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.