Food & Beverage Sales Manager - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Food & Beverage Sales Manager
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 17, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
I. Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
A Food and Beverage Sales Manager serving Live! Casino and Hotel is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. Food and Beverage Sales Manager will develop a Sales plan that maximizes revenue by driving the sales of Food and Beverage in bar and restaurant venues within the Live! Casino & Hotel complex. As Food and Beverage Sales Manager, you will work with the Sales and Food and Beverage Departments to maximize revenue opportunities through the sales of Live! Complex for food, beverage and service.
II. Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
III. Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact with internal team members, clients, owners and suppliers to promote Food and Beverage for Live! complex bars and restaurants
- Communicate with target customers and manage guests relationships
- Build and execute the selling strategy of the Live! complex to meet revenue expectations
- Understand the competitive marketplace and implement approaches to ensure the Live! complex stays competitive in the local market
- Build and maintain and utilize Food and Beverage guests database
- Promote Live! complex bars and restaurants through outreach and Social Media
- With Culinary and F & B Teams, Create and implement effective marketing strategies and tactical plans of Food and Beverage activities
- Book, manage and plan happy hours throughout complex
- Manage and assist with Open Table reservation requests
- Manage reputation management of outlet venues.
I. Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Must be savvy in marketing and promotional strategies.
- Possess an outgoing personality, ability to approach all individuals and strike up conversations.
- Highly organized, reliable and have the ability to keep collected information secured.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the venue, the brand and the Company.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, and organizational skills are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to move about assigned venue safely, with ease, and record guest information.
- Required to work weekends and late nights, along with daytime office hours.
- Must speak fluent English, other languages preferred.
- Strong analytical skills to understand and respond to key business indicators and competitive trends.
- Possess an outgoing personality with the ability to engage in conversations with prospective guests.
- Excellent prospecting capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in restaurant or food/beverage outlets required. Additional experience in hospitality or complex food/beverage outlets preferred.
- May be required to work weekend and evening hours, along with daytime office hours.
- Will require frequent travel to local organizations for business development.
II. Educational Requirements
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in sales and/or marketing, hospitality industry a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid non-gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position and Alcohol Beverage Control card.
III. Physical Requirements
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility safely and efficiently.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Handling objects, such as promotional items, computer keyboard and phone.
- Bending, stooping, and kneeling.
IV. Working Conditions
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.