Food & Beverage Prep Cook - Spirit Mountain Casino
Food & Beverage Prep Cook
Spirit Mountain Casino
Grand Ronde, Oregon 97347
Mar 21, 2019
Apr 21, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Food & Beverage Prep Cook processes, prepares and cooks or assists in such activities in one or more of the Casino’s food outlets and/or Cedar Plank Buffet. Duties may vary depending on area of assignment.
Essential Job Functions
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Prepares, stirs, and strains soups and sauces; processes food products for storage, consumption, and daily menus for various food outlets.
- Stocks and maintains par levels for work stations or food outlets.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment and utensils; segregates and sorts recyclable materials; steam cleans or hoses garbage containers.
- Maintains a “Clean As You Go” work area.
- May measure and mix ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, sandwiches, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- May assist cooks in preparing and cooking foods.
- May prepare outlets with hot and cold food set-up, storage, displays, and maintaining flow of food for guests.
- May supply guests with information regarding the items being served by affixing appropriate tags above food items.
- May check for proper temperature and time control for all items on the food line and record data.
- May communicate with cooks relaying food usage and quality control.
Spirit Mountain Standards
- Delivers Spirit Mountain’s Spirit of Excellence by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI’s Pride Values, Brand Promise and Business Vision.
- Learns, comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations and Regulation Chapter 5 requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge Of
- Principles, practices, and processes of food and beverage preparation and delivery.
- Principles, practices, and processes of safe food handing and safe work practices.
- Tools, materials, and equipment used in food preparation and processing.
Required Skill In
- Preparing food and food products.
- Recognizing and correcting situations that are unhealthy or may lead to poor guest service.
- Monitoring and providing guest service.
- Working safely.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and six (6) months work experience, preferably in food handling or preparation or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Low security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- State of Oregon Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in a food service environment with routine exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or tobacco smoke and occasional exposure to extreme cold or heat and potentially toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Subject to high levels of noise.
- Work is subject to frequent standing and walking, with occasional sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Work is subject to frequent use of hands and arms to finger, handle, feel and reach.
Equipment and Tools Utilized
Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, hand tools used in the preparation and processing of food including slicers, steamers, mixers, food processors, knives and other cooking utensils, telephone and two-way radios.
Starting Salary: $12.45 Per Hour ~ Hire-On Bonus Up To $500.00
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button above. Our Employment Application must be completed to be considered.
Spirit Mountain Casino
27100 SW Salmon River Hwy
Grand Ronde, OR 97347
Spirit Mountain Casino located near Oregon’s “Coast Range,” near the beautiful Willamette Valley and Oregon’s “Wine Country, is a short drive from Portland, Salem, and McMinnville. The Las Vegas-style 90,000 sq. ft. casino offers 1,800 slot machines and 24 table games, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Pai Gow, Let It Ride, and Three Card Poker, as well as a Poker Room, Bingo and Keno.
Guests can stay at the Lodge’s 254 guest rooms and enjoy five food & beverage venues, which include the Cedar Plank Buffet, Legends Restaurant, Summit View Lounge, Coyote Expresso Bar, and the Mountain View Sports Bar.
In addition to live entertainment in the 1,600 seat Event Center, and special events, there is 17,500 square feet of meeting and banquet space, an arcade, gift shop, convenience store and free RV Parking.
Spirit Mountain Casino is proud to offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Pharmacy Coverage*
Other Insurance Plans such as Company provided Life Insurance, and voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Group Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, and Flexible Spending Account*
Paid Time Off*
401k with a 6% dollar for dollar Company match**
Employee Discount Program
*Full Time Employees
**After 1 year of service