Poker Dealer - L'auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
50691 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
L'auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70820
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 14, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
As a Poker Dealer your daily responsibilities include
- Ability to deal poker in order to provide a courteous and entertaining experience
- Accepts direction during day to day operations to ensure department standards and operational guidelines within the Poker area are met
- Initiates courteous and friendly conversation with guests and provides game instructions to guests upon request or as assigned to encourage game activity
- Sponsors new dealers as needed in order to provide new hires with adequate on the job training
- Protects the integrity of the game through visual observation of all guests and game layout
- Responsible to maintain a clean, organized work area including wiping down poker tables and picking up dirty glasses and ashtrays from empty seats
- Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience in customer service field preferred
- Prior poker experience or successful completion of Poker School required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid state gaming license
- Must be able to successfully complete a basic math test, and pass an audition displaying adequate Poker skills
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations when determining winners and losers and collecting and paying out bets
- Must possess good manual dexterity for quick and accurate handling of chips, cards and money
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers and guests in fast-paced environment
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and mobility to move easily around pit area as well as entire property for entire shift
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues with excellent peripheral vision
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Don’t just work. Work Happy ~ A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must create your Profile and complete our Employment Application.
L'auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
777 L'auberge Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70820
L'auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge is a premier southern Louisiana destination property offering a fully integrated casino entertainment experience. It is designed to capture the feel of a Southern river lodge and will embrace Louisiana's rich cultural history, food, music and ‘laissez les bon temps rouler’way of life.
The truly unique casino entertainment complex has a single-level, 30,000 square foot gaming floor with 1,500 slot machines and 51 table games, including a poker room.
The 12-story hotel offers approximately 200 guest rooms and a host of amenities, including a rooftop pool. Food & beverage venues include three dining outlets and a unique casino bar with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River.
There are 2,400 total parking spaces, including 800 in a covered parking garage; a multi-purpose event center with concert seating for up to 1,400 people or banquet seating for up to 800 people; and outdoor festival grounds with a capacity for up to 2,500.