Casino Manager - Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
50618 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 05, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Casino Manager coordinates all casino operations on the assigned shift. Maintains two-way communication with subordinates to ensure awareness of new policies or procedures. Maintains a high-degree of professionalism when dealing with subordinates and guests. Administrates policies and procedures in conformity with the State Gaming Commission and Ameristar Vicksburg.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, supporting the policies of Senior Management of the Casino as well as Senior Management of Ameristar Vicksburg
- Accountable for the adherence and/or enforcement of all written/internal controls and procedures within the casino.
- Responsible for having a full comprehensive knowledge of internal controls and adhering and enforcing the same.
- Adhere to established department and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- General monitoring of job performance at all subordinate levels
- Monitor pit and gaming equipment to ensure proper working order and condition.
- Notify Director of Table Games on win/loss status of the Casino at “count” times.
- Discipline subordinates in accordance with Casino policy regarding below standard performance.
- Train and motivate subordinates to develop a quality work environment.
- Ensure and maintain proper control over the gaming tables within the guidelines of the State Gaming Control Board and Ameristar Casino.
- Perform the duties of the Director of Table Games in his/her absence.
- Monitor and implement the issuance of comps.
- Verify accurate records of team member payroll hours.
- Coach, monitor, and develop team members for improved performance.
- Issuing timely performance evaluations on subordinates and offering developmental guidelines and resources to achieve goals.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information disclosed by an Ameristar entity.
- All other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and College Degree.
- Five-to-ten years of supervisory experience in gaming industry in lieu of college.
- Excellent verbal communication required with sound administrative skills.
- Sound knowledge of all casino games.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a plus.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum eight (8) hour shift.
- Locations on casino floor are noisy and smoky.
- Will also encounter intoxicated guests frequently.
- Provide representation of department in specific project and company meetings.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
4116 Washington Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180
Web Site: https://www.pngaming.com/
Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg is the largest dockside casino in central MS, featuring a 149 room hotel with beautiful views of the Mississippi River. Its parent company is Pinnacle Entertainment.
Ameristar's 70,000-square-foot riverboat casino features over 1,500 of the latest and most popular slot and video poker machines, 27 table games, a ten-table Poker Room and variety of exquisite dining options. Table Games include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Let It Ride and Three Card Poker, as well as specialty games such as Mini-Baccarat.
Guests can enjoy food and beverage venues, which include Bourbon's BBQ & Steak, Heritage Buffet and Bella's Bakery and Café. the Bottleneck Blues Bar and the Casino Cabaret Lounge feature live events, concerts and free shows from rock, blues to country, as well as comedy performers.