Sales Associate - Sandia Fuel - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sales Associate - Sandia Fuel
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Feb 06, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Under the supervision of the Sales Floor Coordinators responsible for retail/wholesale sales. Provides customer service and product information.
Supervised by the Sales Floor Coordinators.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets customers cordially.
- Aggressively promotes sales of inventory.
- Accurately handles all sales transactions through Point-of-Sale systems-cash handling: check verification, credit card processing, shipping/handling, and data entry verification.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and/or policy and procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer.
- Directs patrons to proper office as appropriate to seek resolution of problems beyond the information and capabilities available to sales associate.
- May answer telephones, maintain bathroom, wash floor and windows, prepare invoices, and maintain accurate application of transactions.
- Re-stocking and merchandising of inventory.
- Affix price labels as directed by purchasing.
- Maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Maintains and replaces/re-stocks supplies.
- Maintains clean cases and merchandise.
- Maintains and cleans refrigerators, freezers, counters, sinks, displays, etc.
- Maintains brochure and informative materials.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties and assignments
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to effectively deal with public and staff.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- High School diploma GED Certificate.
- Two years retail experience.
- Must be friendly, enjoy working with public and communicate effectively.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED Certification or equivalent.
- Two (2) years retail experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Must obtain and maintain a New Mexico Alcohol Server's License within 30 days of hire date.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any other licenses and/or certifications as determined by management.
- Work normally performed indoors.
- Work is performed on weekdays and weekends.
- Be available to work 24/7.
- Work requires normal dexterity while walking, climbing stairs, and standing, sitting, bending, squatting, and lifting.
Salary Range: $10.27 – $12.84 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!