General Ledger Accountant - Sandia Resort & Casino
General Ledger Accountant
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Mar 13, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Lead, direct, and supervise financial statement preparation and/or reporting and accounting for contracts and grants under federal, state or other funding sources. Maintain general ledger, budgets, and taxes.
Supervised by the Controller.
Supervises Staff Accountant and Accounting Clerk as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports for review and analysis.
- Prepares and/or reviews accounting for the Tribal Housing Program including home leases and financial transactions associated with the Tribal Mortgage Programs.
- Duties may include accepting applications, obtaining loan recommendations, preparing closing documents and assisting with presentations to the Housing Advisory Board and/or Tribal Council.
- Coordinates with Housing Manager and Building Safety as needed.
- Assists in establishing accounting processes and procedures.
- Directs or prepares general ledger entries and prepares general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepares billing for possessory interest taxes.
- Prepares general ledger analysis and maintenance.
- Prepares financial reporting to funding sources under federal, state or other grants.
- Reconciles grant revenue and expenses, prepares closeout reports and entries to close grants in the accounting system.
- For special revenue:
- Assist with the preparation of the annual indirect cost proposal for submission to the Department of the Interior.
- Prepare annual schedule of Expenditures under Federal Awards (SEFA.)
- Prepares, review and enter grant budgets in the accounting system.
- Prepare, submit and record drawdowns for federal and state grants.
- Prepare grant documents including awards and submit for signature
- Provide support to Pueblo grant managers and funding sources
- Assist in developing accounting policies and procedure for grants
- Ensures compliance with GAAP, GASB, and systems of internal control as well as applicable grant regulations.
- Schedule, supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
- Performs additional duties as necessary.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, and be well organized.
- Must have effective written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Ability to analyze and develop logical decisions.
- For special revenue, knowledge of regulations for state and federal grants.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with members of management, subordinates, associates, and professionals within the organization.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and four (4) years of accounting experience including two (2) in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Salary Range: $26.49 – $35.76 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!