Box Office Lead - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Box Office Lead
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 13, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
The Box Office Lead is position reports directly to Box Office Manager and is responsible for the assisting in the supervision of the Box Office staff. The Box Office Lead will assists with the ticketing operations for all performances. The Box Office Lead should be computer literate and possess exceptional customer service skills to promote the Live! Casino & Hotel brand
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Conduct in person ticket sales at Box Office locations using the ticketing computer system
- Balance and account for cash and credit card receipts from sales transactions
- Provide front line customer service and problem solving to the ticket buying public
- Organize and distribute “will-call” tickets
- The Box Office Lead administers systems and policies for ticketing and all Box Office procedures under the guidance of the Box Office Manager
- Responsible for Will Call staff for ALL events. Opens, closes, and manages Will Call for every performance
- Handles all ticketing disputes on the night of show effectively whether individually or with the assistance of the Box Office staff
- Updates seating charts for each applicable event regularly
- Maintains accuracy, honesty, and accountability in all accounting and cash handling procedures for the Box Office and all other cash handling operations
- Monitors and works to control factors that affect the comfort of showroom patrons (temperature, keeping trafficked areas clear, etc.)
- Encourages and maintains good public relations for the showroom with its patrons, area partners and businesses, as well as the general public.
- Answers phones, processes ticket orders, greets patrons, and all other duties as assigned
- Maintains guest service as per company standards by ensuring that each patron receives outstanding customer service
- Provides feedback to Box Office Manager concerning Box Office operations to ensure customers’ orders are efficiently and courteously processed
- Helps to maintain inventory of Box Office supplies and soft goods in balance with scheduled events and anticipated crowds
- Consults with all departments as it relates to the quality of client and guest experience
- Box Office Lead will be thoroughly competent on casino player tracking & ticketing system, and will provide training to others on operation of this system.
- Handles general office and facility management duties as needed
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; completing administrative tasks for these departments.
- Completing necessary tasks and helping to resolve complex customer situations allowing other team members to maintain their presence in the showroom.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Excellent computer skills - Highly proficient with MS Office products MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- Ability to be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to the Casino floor.
- Ability to work in 24/7 high energy casinos with over 300,000 square feet of gaming, hotel and entertainment space
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a high volume company in the casino, entertainment/ hospitality industry.
- Experience with ticketing operations preferred but not required
- Commitment and ability to work on flexible shifts and days off and long hours, including weekends, and nights, ability to provide lateral service to other department with a different job characteristics.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Financial and budgeting skills preferred
- Must possess the ability to deliver and coach team to give a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Must display commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.