Live Cocktail Server (Full Time) - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Live Cocktail Server (Full Time)
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 05, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible and accountable for all aspects of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage sales and service to guests throughout the slots area of the gaming floor. Provides customer focus with a sense of pride unparalleled in the local market to enhance the experience of the guest during their visit to Maryland Live! Casino. The focus shall always be to continuously improve on delivering exemplary guest services to every guest; every time in a timely manner, and exhibiting a can-do attitude. If you have Honor, an Entrepreneurial spirit, and a Passion for service, we want you as a Live! Cocktail Server.
- Taking and delivering accurate drink order in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Responsible to take beverage orders from guests and serve those orders accurately and in an expeditious manner.
- Maintain service areas in a clean and orderly manner, to include removing empty or unused service ware.
- Knowledge of products available for purchase and prices.
- Have knowledge of Casino facility along with current and future Casino promotions and information with the ability to passionately speak to guests about the same.
- Responsible to have knowledge of guests limitations and company policy and procedure regarding limitations.
- Ensure guests receive a favorable gaming experience by being unique and spontaneous.
- Maintain an attractive appearance and model an appealing brand image.
- Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as colors and facial features.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Six months to one year experience in beverage service in a high-volume, fast-paced environment; nightclub experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position and Alcohol Beverage Control card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of alcoholic beverages, liquors, wines, beers and ales; portray an “ask me” image with knowledge.
- Ability to “upsell” and recommend products to guests.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand basic instructions in English
- Ability to perform addition and subtraction, at a minimum
- Ability to make change from sales.
- Ability to reconcile and balance sales at the conclusion of the shift.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to strategically and efficiently maneuver throughout the service area while carrying a tray with service items.
- Demonstrable professional service skills.
- Knowledge of general bar equipment, Easy Bar System, ABC laws and regulations and gaming laws.
- Able to handle situations that may arise due to intoxication and stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate with all departments and other team members.
- Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of alcohol.
- Ability to perform assigned job duties in an interruptive environment under frequent time pressures.
- Knowledge of bar operations
- High volume, 24, hour liquor and beverage service.
- Loud, high-energy work environment.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving whole body.
- Standing and walking for duration of shift.
- Repetitive lifting, carrying and balancing of service tray, up to 20 pounds using one hand.
- Bending, stooping.
- Due to the casino environment, frequent exposure to “adult” language.
- Flexible working schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Working in a team environment.
- Must maintain excellent personal appearance to include make-up, hairstyle and jewelry, resulting in a professional, polished presentation at all times.
- Demonstrate poise in all actions, to include the highest levels of dignity and politeness.
**Note: You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed**
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.