Dealer P-T - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
50409 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 05, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Description Dealer (PT)
SCOPE AND MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members, and company assets. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Maryland Live.
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
- Dealing the game and monitoring the monies of the table at all times
- Controlling gaming cards and equipment
- Analyzing customer play for cheating scams and suspicious variation in play
- Excellent customer service
- Paying wins/Taking losses
- Ensure the safety and security of guests and employees
- Other duties as assigned
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- You will be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- You will need to walk up and down stairs to the Casino floor.
- You will work in 24/7 high energy casinos with over 300,000 square feet of gaming, hotel and entertainment space.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
EDUCATIONAL & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least one year experience as a casino dealer
- Experience dealing at least two of the following games: Black Jack, Craps or Roulette and working knowledge of novelty games.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as required by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to speak English clearly, listen, and follow directions
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions in English
- Ability to use chips, cards, and a paddle
- Must possess good hand/eye coordination
- Knowledgeable of specified games and gaming regulations
- Ability to add monies and chips
- Knowledge of theft techniques
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and forms
- Complete, perform and understand basic mathematical functions
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures, IRS Bank Secrecy Act and internal controls
- Complete knowledge of all facilities available to guests on property.
- Always maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude with use of facial expressions and knowledge of all special events and promotional activities.
- Ability to Stand 75%
- Ability to Walk 10%
- Ability to Bend 15% (from waist)
- Ability to make Repetitive hand motions
- Ability to walk up and down at least 31 steps several times daily
**Note: You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed**
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.