Chef, D'Cuisine - Luk Fu - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Chef, D'Cuisine - Luk Fu
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Mar 14, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Asian Chef D’ Cuisine is responsible for managing the activities and processes, procedures and training of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking Asian foods at Luk Fu Asian Restaurant and Sushi 8 to ensure a quality, efficient and effective food service and product. The Asian Chef De Cuisine will be the focal point for enhancing the gaming and entertainment experience of dining guests with quality food offering in the assigned Maryland Live Casino restaurant and or food venue.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and management of the budget for the assigned venue.
- Trains kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery.
- Establishes maintenance schedules in conjunction with manufacturer’s instructions for all equipment within assigned food venue.
- Is the creative manager in determining the menu and food offerings.
- Developing staff, to include, interviewing for new hires and performance management inclusive of disciplinary counseling and conducting performance evaluations.
- Manages restaurant personnel in preparation all menu offering while retaining the maximum amount of desired nutrients special and dietary request to include low-fat, sodium, vegetarian and low-calorie meals.
- Manage food costs and establish purchasing specifications for restaurant food and beverage offerings.
- Manage programs and processes to control and reduce loss time injuries.
Plans plating of foods in assigned restaurant to maximize visual impact and minimizing waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Three(3) to Five (5) years’ experience as a Kitchen/Restaurant Supervisor and or Sous chef.
- A 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position and Alcohol Beverage Control card and any applicable health certifications.
- Knowledge of Alcohol Beverage Control regulation, Health Department and applicable OSHA requirements.
Essential Mental Functions
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive office.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Essential Physical Functions:
•While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
•Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds independently.
•Must be able to work various hours, as needed, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays.
•Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance suitable for a kitchen environment.
•Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
•Must be able to maneuver around the culinary operation and the facility as needed to perform the work required for our operation
•Must be able to sit/stand/walk for a long duration of time.
•Must have the physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
• Must be able to operate properly and safely commercial kitchen hotel, stewarding, ware washing and culinary equipment, of all types, and traditional kitchen equipment, as required.
• Must be able to work in a loud kitchen, casino and entertainment environment for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work in a kitchen environment where temperatures will exceed normal room temperatures and also higher heat areas for periods of time for the execution of work.
• Must be able to work in varied situations in a cold environment for garde manger production, inventory for periods of time for the execution of work.
• Must be able to work in varied situations in a wet environment for periods of time for the execution of work.
Starting Salary: $70,000.00 Annual
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.