Asian Lead Cook III - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Asian Lead Cook III
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Feb 17, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
About Us and our F&B Service Culture
In Food and Beverage, we sincerely embrace the communities and cultures where we live, appreciate the values diversity brings, actively learn from others, and in turn, warmly share our knowledge and experiences with colleagues and guests.
We highly value and show appreciation to individuals who strive to always do their best in all that they do, who are motivated by self-esteem and teamwork, and who treat others with fairness and respect. We require and admire integrity, honesty and accountability as measures of strength in our character and welcome and hold close those who live these qualities in their personal and professional lives.
Most importantly, we are a company that practices caring. Every one of our team members needs to feel that they are cared about and that they genuinely extend their own care to all,… be they guests or colleagues, strangers or friends. We believe that when you spend time, enjoying what you do, with people and in a place you care about, you will discover just how important you are in making a difference in the success of our livelihoods and in the health of our spirit.
Maryland Live Casino Food and Beverage Team
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
The Lead Cook III position is responsible for Preparing, seasoning, and cooking, soups, meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, desserts, and other food items for consumption in the restaurant. Cooks, prepares, and arranges the food to make an appealing arrangement for guests. Assuring that guests have a favorable dining experience.
- Read menu to estimate food requirements and orders food supplies. Complies with all portion, sizes, and quality standards.
- Adjust thermostat at controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, or vegetables used for broiling or roasting
- Responsible for meat cutting.
- Preparing special sauces.
- Responsible for preparing all menu items requested by patrons.
- Accountable for plate presentation and preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Culinary arts courses or the equivalent experience.
- Two (2) – four (4) year's experience as a Cook III at a fast-paced high quality Asian Restaurant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent product knowledge of Asiatic foods and preparation preferred.
- Knife handling /maintenance, cleaning and sharpening sushi/ knives.
- Clean as you go skills - Cleaning / maintaining kitchen, all Sushi Bar counter tops, refrigeration cases, signage, equipment, glass, and floors.
- Self-starting Aptitude to learn and Grow
- Japanese, Chinese, Mandarin, or Cantonese speaking a preference.
- Ability to use all kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Ability to read and write simple instructions. Knowledge of culinary arts and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Ability to organize and be creative. Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of food.
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout a scheduled shift
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach while carrying food product, equipment, trash/waste weighing up to 50 pounds
- Visual acuity to see restaurant menus, take customer orders, review customer bills and smoothly navigate dining room, kitchen and other facility areas
Starting Salary: $19.00 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.